Graphics
Radeon 5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys in there !

I've been a mac user for years now, and I'm currently working with a 2009 4.1 mac pro running really well !

2 years ago I tried to build a hackintosh, with the guide from this website.

Even if it worked (osX installed and functionnal), I found it a little bit unstable : some sound drivers/ethernet issues, sometimes it would not boot correctly etc...

I switched for a mac pro then (2years ago), and I'm wondering how recent hackintosh builds were running ?

I would like to upgrade my computer for a thunderbolt equipped one, and I'm thinking about going back to hackintosh.

As I'm searching for a stable machine to work with (I'm an audio mixing engineer), I'd like to know your experience with your hackintosh stability and especially concerning the way to restore your machine in case of any issue with either bootloader or osX boot. As I'm sometimes working "live" with customers, I would be sure that I'll be able to have my desktop ready to go everytime.

By the way thanks for your experience guys, and thanks for this wonderfull website :)

Cheers

Hi man, The buyers guide are pretty good right now. Started 4 years ago and everything run smooth. What are your plans, create on Ableton, Logic Pro? It's possible and very stable with some builds. I had a friend that used my mackintosh to produce trance music with logic pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back