Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Not Using Nvidia Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
My Hackintosh won't boot up with the Nvidia drivers for some reason. After installing the drivers and checking the option to use the Nvidia drivers (not the OS X native ones), I restarted and when I checked the Graphics Drivers in System Preferences, the OS X Native Drivers were selected instead of the Nvidia ones.
Side Note: My Hackintosh doesn't boot up when I add the bootflag "nvda_drv=1", but it does boot up if I leave out "nv_disable=1"
Please Help!

Specs are i5 6400, GTX 960, and GA-H170M-D3H

Having similar issue. Hackintosh keeps booting with OSX Default Driver no matter how many times I change it to the Nvidia 10.11.6 ones I installed. However, monitor is plugged in via the hdmi port on the graphics card and I have picture. It's just really ticky (for lack of a more technical term haha). Assuming that using the correct drivers will fix it, but can't seem to get them to take. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs are i7, GTX 950 and GA-Z170M-D3H

Having similar issue. Hackintosh keeps booting with OSX Default Driver no matter how many times I change it to the Nvidia 10.11.6 ones I installed.
Specs are i7, GTX 950 and GA-Z170M-D3H

This is caused when your board does not have native NVRAM support.

Setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.

Check Problem 6 of the Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems topic on how to resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back