Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Mountain Lion, What Graphics Card Is Best For Encoding Video With Premiere Pro CS6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
osx
CPU
i7
Graphics
800gt
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Currently i have a 8800GT and i am not sure if i can use SLI like i did in windows xp and 7. Does the cuda drivers and video card drivers that are now on nVidia's website mean that i can use any card they have available?

I noticed there was not much support (driver wise) a year or so ago. Now it seems nVidia has drivers for all cards for mountain lion, lion, and snow leopard.

What card would allow cuda and great acceleration with PP CS6?

I was thinking a 285GTX, not sure if that is enough tho.

Thanks in advance

Currently i have a 8800GT and i am not sure if i can use SLI like i did in windows xp and 7. Does the cuda drivers and video card drivers that are now on nVidia's website mean that i can use any card they have available?

I noticed there was not much support (driver wise) a year or so ago. Now it seems nVidia has drivers for all cards for mountain lion, lion, and snow leopard.

What card would allow cuda and great acceleration with PP CS6?

I was thinking a 285GTX, not sure if that is enough tho.

Thanks in advance

Craven: Did you ever get an answer to your question? I just built my first Hackintosh with 10.8.2 mountain Lion, I7, 32 Gbs Ram, Ga-X79-UD5 board. I did a great deal of research prior to jumping into this. My purpose for this machine was to edit video with Premiere Pro CS6. I chose a Geforce GTX 680 (with 2Gbs ram) for graphics card. The machine otherwise runs beautifully but it will not play video in Premiere Pro. I have wasted an entire week of my life trying to get it to do so and still have nothing to show for it. I believe that I have tried all of the popular tricks with editing text files, etc. It does show that Mercury Engine and cuda is available but it simply does not work. Any ideas... or has anyone actually had success with this card on their Hackintosh and PPro? I am open to suggestions for a tried and true graphics card that will operate well with PPro and provide Mercury Engine Cuda acceleration.

is nvidia 570 any good choice? or 580 im thinking about getting one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back