Register

hackintosh intel pentium e5300 and intel dg41rq motherboard

Motherboard
Intel DG41RQ
CPU
E5300
Graphics
HD 5450
Hello guys I've got this old computer that I'd like to convert in hackintosh. Is it possibile? And what is the best Os? I tried mac os High Sierra and Sierra but I couldn't succeed, can you help me?

CPU: Pentium E5300 2,60 GHZ

MOBO: Intel DG41RQ

GPU: AMD HD 5450 1 GB 64 BIT

RAM: 4GB DDR2

SSD: 120 GB PATRIOT BURST & HDD: WD 250GB

Hello guys I've got this old computer that I'd like to convert in hackintosh. Is it possibile? And what is the best Os? I tried mac os High Sierra and Sierra but I couldn't succeed, can you help me?

CPU: Pentium E5300 2,60 GHZ

MOBO: Intel DG41RQ

GPU: AMD HD 5450 1 GB 64 BIT

RAM: 4GB DDR2

SSD: 120 GB PATRIOT BURST & HDD: WD 250GB

Hi there.

That hardware is very old and generally unsupported by OS X and macOS, but we do have a basic guide:

If you have some technical knowledge and enjoy a challenge you might try having a go.

You will need to download an older version of OS X, but remember the first version that featured the App Store was Snow Leopard.

Let us know how you get on.

:)

Hi there.

That hardware is very old and generally unsupported by OS X and macOS, but we do have a basic guide:

If you have some technical knowledge and enjoy a challenge you might try having a go.

You will need to download an older version of OS X, but remember the first version that featured the App Store was Snow Leopard.

Let us know how you get on.

can i install sierra snow leopard very old

can i install sierra snow leopard very old

Very doubtful.

That was the point I was making. The hardware you want to use is unsupported and very old. Your motherboard is a 2008 model. Back then OS X Tiger was current.

There are newer versions available direct from Apple, from Lion onwards. As I said, if you want to experiment that's great, but there is no ready-made solution.

Very doubtful.

That was the point I was making. The hardware you want to use is unsupported and very old. Your motherboard is a 2008 model. Back then OS X Tiger was current.

There are newer versions available direct from Apple, from Lion onwards. As I said, if you want to experiment that's great, but there is no ready-made solution.

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't find a suitable EFI setup for Sierra.

I am the one to pour some cold water here.

Dear OP, did you hear what you have been told here?

Let me stress again : Your computer hardware is TOO OLD, and is NOT supported (the Pentium CPU in particular since Apple never used them even in Intel Macs).

If you really want to run MacOS, then unless you really enjoy a challenge, you should really get some supported hardware to install MacOS. Even if you somehow get it to install it won't run well.

Back