Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 81D2
CPU
i5 7200u
Graphics
HD 620
Hi, i can someone help me with installing mac OS Mojave on my HP ENVY - 15-as102na?
I have an imac to use for setting up my usb & installing MacOS Mojave.There are various kext files etc that i'm not sure about and need some help as some are hardware specific.
I tried previously but got stuck on an apple logo and couldn't get past that, and tried today and had problems with Clover.
Once i get mac os on my 128gb m.2 ssd ( which i'll upgrade to either a 256gb or 512gb depending on how well this hackintosh works)
I have a free 2.5" inch hdd bay where i'd like to install windows on in the future.
I think i may have to replace my wireless card ( based on a few google results) which i'm fine with as long as i can see it working without just so i know i won't waste money
Specs:
Cpu: i5 7200u
GPU: HD 620
8GB ram
Wifi card- Intel Wireless 7265 ( Intel® 802.11ac (2x2) )
Motherboard - HP 81D2 & BIOS version is f.56
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05311862
Thanks

I suggest you start by trying to follow RehabMan's Guide for HP Notebooks as best you can. Compare your hardware with those listed and adjust for your system. There are other Notebook guides that you'll need to create appropriate SSDT files.

As for the Wifi card, you will need to replace it. I tried numerous cards, but had trouble with getting them to work reliably in Windows. I ended up replacing it with an adapter that allowed me to install an Apple brand Wifi card with a ribbon cable. I did need to add an additional Wifi antenna behind the LCD as well as a bluetooth antenna to the card, not to mention adapter cables to connect the current antennas to the card. It works like a charm in both Windows and Mac OS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back