CPU
i5-8300H
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1050 (1920x1280)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to make my GA Z68X-UD3H-B3 into a Hackintosh. I have the latest (non-beta) F12 BIOS, but need to know if I absolutely have to update my BIOS to the beta-UEFI BIOS.

If so, what format does my USB memory stick have to be for QFlash to read the update from my USB stick?

Greg

I tried both FAT & NTFS, and QFlash wouldn't pick up my memory stick (actually several).

Is it absolutely necessary to update to the UEFI BIOS before installing Mountain Lion on an unformatted HDD?

Greg

It's not necessary. I am running mountain lion on F12. The only issue I aim fighting is a sleep issue where the system will go to sleep fine, but I will have no video when it wakes up. Let me know if you get that working because it has been aggravating me to no end lately.

It's not necessary. I am running mountain lion on F12. The only issue I aim fighting is a sleep issue where the system will go to sleep fine, but I will have no video when it wakes up. Let me know if you get that working because it has been aggravating me to no end lately.

I'm just waiting for Lion Disk Maker to come out with a version that is compatible with Mavericks. I'm currently running it on my MBP, but not on my PC/Hackintosh.

I'm just waiting for Lion Disk Maker to come out with a version that is compatible with Mavericks. I'm currently running it on my MBP, but not on my PC/Hackintosh.

There is a version compatible with 10.9. Just go to www.DiskMakerX.com or check the Downloads section here for the latest version.

Greg

P. S. Does anybody have a solution for my problem yet?

In order to update to UEFI (and I suggest you do, it makes OSX more "native" with no DSDT), you must use the Gigabyte utility from within Windows and create a bootable DOS USB stick per Gigabyte's instructions. You CANNOT use QFlash to go from BIOS-->UEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back