Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP m8120n
CPU
Core 2 Quad Q6600
Graphics
HD5450
Hey guys, I've been having a regular error with my Hackintosh.

When I'm either editing a video on After Effects, a photo on Photoshop or installing a program like Logic Pro, my Hackintosh decides to freeze. Completely. No access to anything. I can't move my mouse, the sound stops and even with -v I don't get a reason behind it. Any help?

Thanks

Sounds like some sort of Kernel Panic, although we need more information to be entirely sure. Can you pinpoint EXACTLY when this happens? There are many reasons for Kernel Panics, on my machine I got them because I accidentally installed Sandy Bridge kexts on my Ivy Bridge processor. Others have it from not having correct ethernet drivers installed.

There's no hard answer here. In your case, it seems like it could be a graphics issue as well. What kind of card are you using, and what have you done to configure your card?

Sounds like some sort of Kernel Panic, although we need more information to be entirely sure. Can you pinpoint EXACTLY when this happens? There are many reasons for Kernel Panics, on my machine I got them because I accidentally installed Sandy Bridge kexts on my Ivy Bridge processor. Others have it from not having correct ethernet drivers installed.

There's no hard answer here. In your case, it seems like it could be a graphics issue as well. What kind of card are you using, and what have you done to configure your card?

I'm using a Sapphire Radeon HD5450. I used this to configure it and have the ability to use it with my system: http://www.computersnyou.com/256/2012/03/working-ati-5450-graphics-in-hackintosh-step-by-step/

The freezing happens in After Effects at 10 seconds into the render, but can vary (instantly from starting the render - 30 seconds into rendering). In Photoshop, this happens at random moments which I can't exactly time but the most recent was 2 minutes into the edit. Pro Logic freezes at the 80-89% mark in installation.

Thanks for the reply

I'm guessing you're overclocked too much. Can you run Prime95 stable?

If it is a kernel panic, you need to follow this so you can see what the printout is:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/87178-random-kernel-panic-no-idea-what-do.html#post538671

If it's overclock, it will just hang with no kernel panic print out. In that case, lower the overclock.

Having a non-custom built PC, how would I lower the overclock? It doesn't give me any access to the CPU in the BIOS

Huh, I was figuring you were overclocked since the Q6600 is very common for that. But yes, that board wouldn't let you overclock so that's probably not it.

Try the link for printing out the kernel panic information. See if when it freezes it will print out the kernel panic. That will help give you an idea of the issue.

Huh, I was figuring you were overclocked since the Q6600 is very common for that. But yes, that board wouldn't let you overclock so that's probably not it.

Try the link for printing out the kernel panic information. See if when it freezes it will print out the kernel panic. That will help give you an idea of the issue.

Unless I have to wait a couple seconds for the text screen to come up, I don't think that worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back