Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Freezing around 30 seconds after login

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've bought a Dell Optiplex Hackintosh (running El Capitan) because I needed a cheap replacement for my MacPro, and did't want to spend to much money and time to configure it. The computer seems OK and enough fast for my needs (i5 with 8GB of ram and ATI Radeon HD5450), but randomly freezes with display artifacts, like this I saw in MacBook Pros with defective ATI chips. But in this case I'm pretty sure the hardware is OK, because booting in windows I didn't have any issue (I tried more GPU stress test, and let my son play with it). But in OSX, I've sometime two o tree case in one day.
I have read and tried a bit of all, but I was't able to resolve the problem. Can someone give some new input to try?

While the Hackintosh is not my primary system (it's something between an experiment, a
forklift and a playground), I write all information here:
Computer: DELL Optiplex 3010
Graphic card: ASUS branded Radeon HD5450, in OSX ATI (0x1002) ID 0x68e0
Software: Mac OSX 10.11.6, latest Clover and Multibeast.
In realty, there's another little issue: four of the eight USB ports, the two on the front and the two in the middle of the rear panel, won't work when booted in OS X (but work fine in windows and even in clover boot loader). It's not so important as the random freezes issue, but if someone have an idea how to try to make them work, I'll be grateful.
As I said, in Windows 10 works flawless... and if there are any other information that can help, ask and I'll try give it.

Last edited:
I saw that in windows the Graphic card has ID 0x68F9... I guess it could be this the problem, now I must only learn how to set it up in the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back