Contribute
Register

Hackintosh does not recognize external hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I suggested in Post #6.
I have a new bootable USB, now, how can I boot from that USB without booting from the "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra" ?

I have a new bootable USB, now, how can I boot from that USB without booting from the "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra" ?
You insert the USB installer.
Power on the computer and press the boot menu key (usually f12).
At the boot menu select your USB flash drive as the boot device.
At the Clover screen select your hard drive and boot.

You insert the USB installer.
Power on the computer and press the boot menu key (usually f12).
At the boot menu select your USB flash drive as the boot device.
At the Clover screen select your hard drive and boot.
Thank you! problem solved, now im at the desktop like always, but the hard disk problem continues

Thank you! problem solved, now im at the desktop like always, but the hard disk problem continues
Get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and see post #4.

Get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and see post #4.
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext deleted, that solution I think that is too difficult for me.. :/

Is there any way to reinstall the operating system without losing the installed apps? I have the system and apps on a SSD and the data on a HDD

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext deleted, that solution I think that is too difficult for me.. :/

Is there any way to reinstall the operating system without losing the installed apps? I have the system and apps on a SSD and the data on a HDD
If you reinstall the operating system without formatting the drive then all of your apps and data will remain intact.
Not sure what you think that you will accomplish by doing that though.

You must learn to manage your mackintosh or your expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back