Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm annoying, so would a Saphirre vega 64 nitro run games at 4k? and be good for video editing?
watch?v=uA4scIBIDBM (forum doesn't allow to paste full address)

Hi, here you have a nice comparison between 1080 / 1080 Ti and Vega 64 in 4K. As you can see, Vega is significantly slower than 1080 Ti in some games, but slightly better than 1080. So, there is no tragedy, but you have to keep that in mind.

watch?v=uA4scIBIDBM (forum doesn't allow to paste full address)

Hi, here you have a nice comparison between 1080 / 1080 Ti and Vega 64 in 4K. As you can see, Vega is significantly slower than 1080 Ti in some games, but slightly better than 1080. So, there is no tragedy, but you have to keep that in mind.

So after looking into it... i could buy 2 Radeon RX VEGA 64 Nitro+ cards for the same price as a 1080ti haha would it be possible to fit 2 in the NZXT case and would that make it more 4k 60fps capable?

So after looking into it... i could buy 2 Radeon RX VEGA 64 Nitro+ cards for the same price as a 1080ti haha would it be possible to fit 2 in the NZXT case and would that make it more 4k 60fps capable?
I think you have more than enough space to put 2x Vega in H700i. And about 4K capability (watch?v=qsIl-0HDuTM), I think you have the answer. Just one thing - you should probably reconsider the power supply and go for 850W maybe.

I think you have more than enough space to put 2x Vega in H700i. And about 4K capability (watch?v=qsIl-0HDuTM), I think you have the answer. Just one thing - you should probably reconsider the power supply and go for 850W maybe.

I like the idea of having 2 cards... what im wondering is this... i edit mainly in FCPX and after doing some reading im unsure of which would perform better, the 1080ti or duel vega 64s? If FCPX uses OpenCL then which is better?

Also do games have to support duel GPUs to get the most out of having two cards? Sorry about all the questions.

And yeah ive heard the vega 64s are quite power hungry so ill have to send back my PSU too, yey more money :p

Also after looking into it Mac OSX doesnt support crossfire :( think ill just stick with the 1080ti and pray for drivers to be released... or switch to vega in the future!

Thanks again for all your help... im sure i will be back when it comes to putting it together :p

hmmmm annoying, so would a Saphirre vega 64 nitro run games at 4k? and be good for video editing?

I've played at 4K... its not that exciting. See:

Also gaming on my Ultrawide 38" LG sucks compared to my 4K 32 inch monitor. Games don't like to let you use the extra space on the sides. You are much better off with a 1440P that runs at a higher Hz for gaming. I usually play 1080p with AA turned on with my 4K monitors. A 4K 27 inch monitor is a total waste of money IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played at 4K... its not that exciting. See:

Also gaming on my Ultrawide 38" LG sucks compared to my 4K 32 inch monitor. Games don't like to let you use the extra space on the sides. You are much better off with a 1440P that runs at a higher Hz for gaming. I usually play 1080p with AA turned on with my 4K monitors. A 4K 27 inch monitor is a total waste of money IMHO

Thing is the build is going to be mainly for video editing so the extra space is useful, gaming juts a nice perk really. I was gonna get this...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076PTMVJ8/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Now thinking about 2x Vega 64s but unsure how well they will work together with certain stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get a G-Sync monitor if you get an ATI video card. You'll need freeSync. Not sure that monitor has anything. The ASUS ROG STRIX XG35VQ is curved with freeSync and less expensive. You'll only need 1 video card on the mac side. They won't bridge on the mac side anyway. They would likely work together on games on the PC side.

What you are planning to purchase isn't a 4k monitor. Even the lowly RX560 can drive it. I doubt you'll need 2 Vega 64s. Try with one first. It doesn't cost extra to buy them one at a time.

In the unlikely even that you choose a BenQ PD3200U monitor... don't! They are gorgeous... but every 5 to 30 minutes it "blinks"/"Flashes". It's a common problem I have learned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back