Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App testing (not website)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @Inqnuam and @CaseySJ . Which processes are you going to describe in a guide/tutorial besides the one you (Casey) made at the moment?

I can try making some short and practical desktop video tutorials (e.g. upload on YouTube and present them on this website), and preferably I want to follow the scenarios you have in mind.

The first video can contain for example the following steps:
  • Download and Install HackinDROM
  • Configure HackinDROM
  • Mount a EFI drive
  • Update OpenCore on a mounted EFI drive

Hello @Inqnuam and @CaseySJ . Which processes are you going to describe in a guide/tutorial besides the one you (Casey) made at the moment?

I can try making some short and practical desktop video tutorials (e.g. upload on YouTube and present them on this website), and preferably I want to follow the scenarios you have in mind.
A video sound good!

The first video can contain for example the following steps:
  • Download and Install HackinDROM
  • Configure HackinDROM
  • Mount a EFI drive
  • Update OpenCore on a mounted EFI drive
This will be described in the first two posts of the thread. Post 3 will be creating a new EFI.

A video sound good!

This will be described in the first two posts of the thread. Post 3 will be creating a new EFI.

@Inqnuam & @CaseySJ

Here the (basic) video on how to install, configure HackinDROM and update OpenCore using HackinDROM. Please feel free to comment, then I will incorporate optimizations in video 2 (how to create a new EFI).

Last edited:
@Inqnuam & @CaseySJ

Here the (basic) video on how to install, configure and update OpenCore using HackinDROM. Please feel free to comment, then I will incorporate optimizations in video 2 (how to create a new EFI).

Nice video!
if you want to see the first launch screen like this:
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 12.55.23.png

1. Close the app with "Exit" button
  2. Open Terminal.app and enter
    Code:
    defaults delete Inqnuam.HackinDROM
  3. Reopen the app
Comments:
Maybe you could add in the textbox that not only Sidebars contents will be updated but the entier EFI folder and config.plist settings
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 12.59.52.png

Some explications about the "Update OC .." button (for @CaseySJ guide too):

No EFI folder is detected in the EFI partition's root folder so the apps proposes "Install OC" for selected Build
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 13.03.05.png

When an update is available for the Build selected in Settings
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 13.05.47.png

"Reinstall OC" = Your EFI is up to date
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 13.11.51.png

When OpenCore versions is shown but theres no Install/Update button means that the app detected OC EFI and found the version which is newer than HackinDROM's proposed one, so no update no install
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 13.08.10.png

Later I'll publish additional explications for other buttons functions

Nice video!
if you want to see the first launch screen like this:
View attachment 515886
  1. Close the app with "Exit" button
  2. Open Terminal.app and enter
    Code:
    defaults delete Inqnuam.HackinDROM
  3. Reopen the app
Comments:
Maybe you could add in the textbox that not only Sidebars contents will be updated but the entier EFI folder and config.plist settings
View attachment 515887

Some explications about the "Update OC .." button (for @CaseySJ guide too):

No EFI folder is detected in the EFI partition's root folder so the apps proposes "Install OC" for selected Build
View attachment 515888

When an update is available for the Build selected in Settings
View attachment 515889

"Reinstall OC" = Your EFI is up to date
View attachment 515891

When OpenCore versions is shown but theres no Install/Update button means that the app detected OC EFI and found the version which is newer than HackinDROM's proposed one, so no update no install
View attachment 515890

Later I'll publish additional explications for other buttons functions

Thanks for the explanation! I've pinned a comment under the YouTube video with your comment on what it updates. I don't think it's crucial for the end-user to know perse, but they'll know if they read the comments.

Here the video for generating a new EFI using HackinDROM.

Please feel free to share ;-)

Brilliant!, extremely useful!. Have you had success with Optimac yet using the App?.

Brilliant!, extremely useful!. Have you had success with Optimac yet using the App?.
That system is not yet part of this app. I'm sure it will be pretty soon!

Im thinking about a very small little tinny app that user will use to extract System Report, alldisks.plist, IOReg automatically (<-thanks to the corrector :angel:) + a custom message from the user, and send all that content to the server where ill be notified about that issue, then once issue fixed ill publish a release note in beta thread, or in the main if it is about a big issue

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 18.28.43.png

I'll receive theses files:

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 18.32.13.png

Attachments

• HDHelper v1.0.0.zip
    24.5 KB · Views: 48
Post 2 complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back