Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

1st I would recommend to enable Verbose (Cmd V) before boot to have a better understanding of the problem.
2nd are you sure you selected the correct specs of your MB and have a compatible GC? HackinDROM is know to build up proper EFIs, based on validation before being included on the server, of successful build up from users.

config.plist validation error
I'm getting ready to update from Macos 12.6 to 13.5 and used HackinDROM to update from OC 0.8.3 to 0.9.3
I got these scary errors with lots of exclamation points. Please advise.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 6.21.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 6.21.20 PM.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 61
config.plist validation error
I'm getting ready to update from Macos 12.6 to 13.5 and used HackinDROM to update from OC 0.8.3 to 0.9.3
I got these scary errors with lots of exclamation points. Please advise.
That’s not scary!, take a deep breath… and relax. Just open your config.plist and do what it says.

That’s not scary!, take a deep breath… and relax. Just open your config.plist and do what it says.
Hey thanks. Sorry I panicked. It all turned out fine. I mounted the EFI and opened the config.plist with OC Configurator like you said and it was as easy as unticking some checkmarks. Reran Hackindrom and got a clean bill of health. Cheers!

Hi I tried the latest version v2.1.8 but my mainboard (Asus Z490-P) is not in a drop list. Should I proceed with EFI creation?

This is like the best kept secret huh? I was just searching and looking around for best way to update my OC and get my TB3 hot plug working on designare z390. This is like a GodSend. So easy and automated. I sure appreciate all you people involved for all the massive work it took to make this Gem. Also, I did post a Tutorial how to change you container bios to any previous one if it helps anyone. I have used it many times and it works great...
@CaseySJ

@Inqnuam

This is like the best kept secret huh? I was just searching and looking around for best way to update my OC and get my TB3 hot plug working on designare z390. This is like a GodSend. So easy and automated. I sure appreciate all you people involved for all the massive work it took to make this Gem. Also, I did post a Tutorial how to change you container bios to any previous one if it helps anyone. I have used it many times and it works great...
@CaseySJ

@Inqnuam

Thank you for you kind words.
This wasn't an easy task to make this possible especially at OpenCore's early stages!
Feel free to share the link of your tutorial!

Thank You! I know this was not an easy project at all. I am so thankful as I am sure many others are.
Here is a link, change your container bios to any you wish:
Anyone that wants to confim method, I would appreciate much!

Last edited:
I cant even imagine the hours and Effort put in on this. Seriously impressed. Never imagined a tool so fantastic and easy. One of the very best things I've ever seen added to the hackintosh scene. A plaque in the entryway would be well warranted. This is way to descreet for how amazing the tool is. I am sure Apple is not a fan :)

I cant even imagine the hours and Effort put in on this. Seriously impressed. Never imagined a tool so fantastic and easy. One of the very best things I've ever seen added to the hackintosh scene. A plaque in the entryway would be well warranted. This is way to descreet for how amazing the tool is. I am sure Apple is not a fan :)
As I recall, @Inqnuam was fairly new to computer programming when he took on this challenge. He learned and implemented this app using the Swift language.

Back