Contribute
Register

Hack Desk

Not even one knotted cable?, where do you keep your USB installers?, 3D printed parts, is there a second untidy desk?.

The drawer has the usb drives etc that's the messy part I suppose. There's also a second AMD computer underneath on the shelf that runs TrueNAS mainly as a Plex server.

The drawer has the usb drives etc that's the messy part I suppose. There's also a second AMD computer underneath on the shelf that runs TrueNAS mainly as a Plex server.
Excellent!, so happy to hear there’s mess!. Don’t fear unmanageable cables!. Thank you for sharing your hack desk sir, I am truly honored.

@scottkendall is a man, like me, who appreciates 'Minimalism', the less is more approach. But is his desk like that?, is it like the money shot we see in CoM setups posts, where they show un-realistic desk environments where cable management rules and definitely no coffee stains allowed... I just can't!.

Share with us!. Show us that it isn't really like 'Setups'.

The void left by Chato will hopefully soon be filled.

Last edited:
@scottkendall is a man, like me, who appreciates 'Minimalism', the less is more approach. But is his desk like that?, is it like the money shot we see in CoM setups posts, where they show un-realistic desk environments where cable management rules and definitely no coffee stains allowed... I just can't!.

Share with us!. Show us that it isn't really like 'Setups'.

Umm my desk is pretty clean for the most part,

IMG_0963.jpg
While I am not the king of cable management, I take a similar approach with cables as I do with my EFI folder less is more... Under my desk is only a few cables not really managed because what do you do with the slack when it is need for the desk to extend to standing position.

IMG_0964.jpg

Umm my desk is pretty clean for the most part, While I am not the king of cable management, I take a similar approach with cables as I do with my EFI folder less is more... Under my desk is only a few cables not really managed because what do you do with the slack when it is need for the desk to extend to standing position.
I'm happy that you think your desk is clean!, tbh Scott no one wants to be the king of cable management, I wouldn't be happy with that title. I like the extras, the cubicle wall, chart, the mini iMac/iPad with Apple Pencil, I guess you don't need an expensive adapter that's not available until next month to charge it!. And the desk with adjustable height, do you just press a button?.

Thanks for sharing, would love to know what's in the drawers of your art cabinet.

I'm happy that you think your desk is clean!, tbh Scott no one wants to be the king of cable management, I wouldn't be happy with that title. I like the extras, the cubicle wall, chart, the mini iMac/iPad with Apple Pencil, I guess you don't need an expensive adapter that's not available until next month to charge it!. And the desk with adjustable height, do you just press a button?.

Thanks for sharing, would love to know what's in the drawers of your art cabinet.
No iMac just a iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard/ Pencil. Not sure what expensive adapter you speak of.

The desk has a 4 button memory for different heights by single button push. But there are up and down buttons also. The base is made by autonomous but the top I made.

Misc junk drawer.
wires tools and spare computer screws and small parts
Drafting pencils, squares, templates, paper,
A few hundred prisma color markers (probably long dried up.)
Old software and more drafting tools
Old hard drives, some ifixit tools

The drawers get opened very little.

@trs96 I have a request, No!, it's not a hack desk pic. In my opinion, your guides are among the best here!. And is probably why so many 7020/9020s sell on Amazon!, but not only that it's how many people are probably sitting at home now, at their desk, wondering why their 1050Ti only has 7MB VRAM in Monterey. Could you share some links to your favorite posts?, it's for a future segment.

Back