Contribute
Register

Hack Desk

Hack Desk.jpg

OK, I have just done a quick picture of my desk. On the right, you can see my 3 generations of hackintosh :
  1. On the bottom, my first try in 2012 with an ATX box I already had (GA-Z77X-UD5H + i7-3770K + GTX 1660)
  2. In the middle, my "Hack Mini" in 2018 (Z370N-WIFI + i5-8600 + RX 580)
  3. On the top, my brand new "Silent Mini Beast", just promoted as Golden Build (Z690M-ITX/ax + i5-12600 + RX 6600)
Nice topic, by the way!

OK, I have just done a quick picture of my desk. On the right, you can see my 3 generations of hackintosh :
  1. On the bottom, my first try in 2012 with an ATX box I already had (GA-Z77X-UD5H + i7-3770K + GTX 1660)
  2. In the middle, my "Hack Mini" in 2018 (Z370N-WIFI + i5-8600 + RX 580)
  3. On the top, my brand new "Silent Mini Beast", just promoted as Golden Build (Z690M-ITX/ax + i5-12600 + RX 6600)
Nice topic, by the way!
I am truly honored!. Golden build, Golden desk, Golden lighting. You truly are blessed, (I’m not jealous btw!). SNES controller, nice touch!.

I am truly honored!. Golden build, Golden desk, Golden lighting. You truly are blessed, (I’m not jealous btw!). SNES controller, nice touch!.
And also my 4-years old blonde little girl that was sleeping on the couch (but she was hidden by the Silent Mini Beast, ahaha) !

Last edited:
What makes a good hack desk?, unruly cables, coffee stains, is it various USB installers/parts scattered whimsically across your desk?. Two things happened yesterday that inspired me to take it up a level, @trs96 with 'What's gotten into you Craig?' and @phunguss with 'Rev, Rev, Rev...'. YES!, the top accompaniment to every hack desk, 3D printed parts!, mmm... mess!.

3Dhackdesk.jpg

Last edited:
@Shaneee, share with us, show us your desk.

@rhys216 I, we, wish to see the desk for your 'planned' video editing build, tease us with talk of the 7950X, share with us the coffee stains, the unmanageable cables and stuff that make your desk.

I'm afraid it's mostly always tidy :D

View attachment 555438
I hope that’s an AMD build?!. Yes tidy is the word I would use also!. But that’s ok, I’m guessing the dark light is hiding all the tangled cables and coffee stains.

I hope that’s an AMD build?!. Yes tidy is the word I would use also!. But that’s ok, I’m guessing the dark light is hiding all the tangled cables and coffee stains.

Of course it's AMD. If you look closely at the top right of the side panel you'll see the AMD OS X sticker ;)
No coffee stains here and cables are all managed behind the desk ;)

Of course it's AMD. If you look closely at the top right of the side panel you'll see the AMD OS X sticker ;)
No coffee stains here and cables are all managed behind the desk ;)
Not even one knotted cable?, where do you keep your USB installers?, 3D printed parts, is there a second untidy desk?.

Back