Contribute
Register

H61-S2V-B3 Rev1.0 - El Capitan unibeast install - boot flags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK Rev 1.0 Bios F8
CPU
i7-4790k OC 4.9ghz
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, am resurrecting an old motherboard from a previous G4 build and going for an El Capitan Legacy install.

Am going to use Unibeast and my question is are there any boot-flags I am going to need in addition to what Unibeast applies by default?
Will use an NVIDIA GT 740 so will apply nv_disable=1 when I boot from the installer.

Is there anything specific to this board I need to be aware of - this will be my first Legacy install with Clover so not sure of everything. Will I need to use the DSDT from this site or does unibeast handle everything necessary for installation?

I did a search in El Capitan Desktop Guides but no one has posted one for this board.

Ok have run into an issue. I get a kernel panic tymcedriver.
I think its odd because i have just used the default Unibeast setting and have not set any smbios definitions. The other thing I noticed is that Unibeast did not install the nullpowermanagement kext in 10.11 or 10.10 although i believe the documentation says it will.

Will try to set a Mac Pro 3.1 system definition with clover configurator and see if that helps.

Have it installed now but having an odd issue where nvidia web driver setting don't survive a reboot (set in nvidia pref pane).

Also in Clover preference pane, setting Force mount selected ESP at startup and Save NVRAMcontents to disk reset to default instead of holding after a reboot.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back