i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

It's been months since my last time I launch my hackintosh (since I got a real Mac Mini M1), but surprisingly my system doesn't start anymore and hangs on Apple logo. I activated the log option and I could see the following error, but I am not sure if it is about Wi-Fi or something else, anyway I cannot understand how to fix it.

macOS: 10.15.6 (actually not sure if .5 or .6)
Bootloader: Clover

Thank you

PXL_20210321_102156616.jpg

SSDT-EC.aml may be missing from your setup.

Or the KP could be related to the AptioFix driver you are using.

I have tried to copy the SSDT-EC.aml (that was missing) in folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (as explained here), but didn't work (same error).
About your second point, I am not sure that I got that :confused: How can I check if/which version of AptioFix I am using?

Thank you

I have tried to copy the SSDT-EC.aml (that was missing) in folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (as explained here), but didn't work (same error).
About your second point, I am not sure that I got that :confused: How can I check if/which version of AptioFix I am using?

Thank you

Hi there.

If nothing changed since you last turned-on your PC and it was working perfectly before, then that's a mystery.

Check the system time in BIOS. Is it correct? Are your Mac-specfic settings still holding? If nothing was changed between boots all I can think of is that the BIOS battery was failing and not retaining your settings, falling back to defaults.

Worth checking?

:)

I have the same problem.
I changed my hardware from I7-7700k and Z270 to I9-10900K and Z590.
My 4 Windows Systems start with the new hardware. 2 Catalina and a Mojave fail with GV wake-failure.
I try to install Catalina on my old notebook with an Unibeast formatted usb stick. The install fails with GV wake-failure.
With an older Mojave on an Unibeast formatted usb stick I can install Mojave on the same notebook successfully.
The Mojave stick is created with Sierra and Unibeast on VMWare.
An update from Mojave to Catalina works fine.
The problem is in EFI (clover version, drivers, config.plist, ...).
The Mojave stick on my new hardware has no GV wake-failure.
But the booting stucks at "end randomseed".
Before GV wake-failure or no GV wake-failure: That is the question!

Greetings, Bernhard

Last edited:
Hi there.

If nothing changed since you last turned-on your PC and it was working perfectly before, then that's a mystery.

Check the system time in BIOS. Is it correct? Are your Mac-specfic settings still holding? If nothing was changed between boots all I can think of is that the BIOS battery was failing and not retaining your settings, falling back to defaults.

Worth checking?

:)
I double checked BIOS settings, reloaded the optimized default, but no luck.

I have also tried to try some suggested configurations for my hardware (GA-Z170X Gaming 5 and i7-6700K), some of that are suggesting opposite settings (enabled instead disabled), but anyway I try also permutation of them, but they didn't work!

After loading Optimised defaults in your bios you need to go through the bios and make sure a number of options are Disabled or Enabled as stated below:

OC Bios settings

Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port/Super IO port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)
Enable
  • VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
Your system may not have all these settings, some may be hidden within other settings, CSM and UEFI booting being the ones to spring to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back