Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite Clevo p650SE Sager NP8651 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide, I now have OSX working on my system.
Only have one issue maybe someone can shed some light on. My system is unable to sleep and wake from sleep. When attemp to sleep the screen turns off but keyboard backlight, fans, activity leds are still on as if the system is not sleeping. Ive given it time but it just stays like that.

If I try to wake the system in this state nothing happens, nothing responds, I have to turn off the machine and reboot.

I have read many threads on this, have working cpu power management states, nothing is keeping the system from sleeping according to "pmset -g assertions". I am truly stumped and maybe someone can point me in a new direction.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

--

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Got it all fixed up and everything working as far as I can tell. Removed all references to _pwr from GLAN and XHC in DSDT, also patched DSDT with "graphics_PTS_WAK-disable" to keep nvidia gpu disabled after wake. Also ensure installing RealtekRTL8111.kext, even when not used it messed with sleep without the kext. Another thing, the usb adapter I am using works great but the software was screwing with sleep also, so after looking around I found other software that works great without issue.

8)Sleep
Apply USB 8 series patch from rehabman's repo and add boot arg -gux_defer_usb2

Thank you so much for this guide.I have a p650se with BCM94352z replaced.Following this guide,I get almost everything works except sleeping.My problem is that after waking up the screen will begin to flow and show up abnormally.I wonder whether you have this problem and would you please tell me the reason why I encounter this problem?
Thank you again for this great guide.
P.S. please forgive my awkward English cause I'm just a Chinese college student.:D

8)Sleep
Apply USB 8 series patch from rehabman's repo and add boot arg -gux_defer_usb2
My problem is that after waking up the screen will begin to flow and show up abnormally..:D

Are you talking about distorted menus and graphic glitches?
if you are please refer to post 5 and 6 in this thread

I followed that guide and I have a built-in hd4600 with fake id 0412.It works perfect before sleep.But after wake up.The problem still show up.I think the problem comes from failed injected id after wake up.Because I also noticed the audio will fail to work after wake up which was driven with fake id 1.So how can I reload config.plist after wake up or how can I inject these fake id in DSDT so that they still work after wake up?

Or maybe the problem comes from my copying your config.plist without modifying.
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable internal display after sleep for 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQAAAEAAAADWAAAABQUAAA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>disabled:AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AQAAAEAAAAAeAAAABQUAAA==
</data>

I guess my problem may be related to those statements. Would you please explain how these work? What does AQAAAEAAAADWAAAABQUAAA mean?Thank you for your reading.

I followed that guide and I have a built-in hd4600 with fake id 0412.It works perfect before sleep.But after wake up.The problem still show up.I think the problem comes from failed injected id after wake up.Because I also noticed the audio will fail to work after wake up which was driven with fake id 1.So how can I reload config.plist after wake up or how can I inject these fake id in DSDT so that they still work after wake up?

Or maybe the problem comes from my copying your config.plist without modifying.
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable internal display after sleep for 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQAAAEAAAADWAAAABQUAAA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>disabled:AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AQAAAEAAAAAeAAAABQUAAA==
</data>

I guess my problem may be related to those statements. Would you please explain how these work? What does AQAAAEAAAADWAAAABQUAAA mean?Thank you for your reading.

FakeID is only involved in boot. Not after sleep/wake...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

The ioreg shows QE/CE working. The patch you show in post #45 will have no effect for you as it is for ig-platform-id 0xa26000a, and you're using 0xa260006.

What exactly is the issue?

My problem is that after wake up,the whole screen will show up abnormally.I don't know how to express it precisely in English......
IMG_20150612_104006.jpgIMG_20150612_104008.jpg

My problem is that after wake up,the whole screen will show up abnormally.I don't know how to express it precisely in English......

Does the computer work at that point, or is it locked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back