Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite (10.10.X) on Lenovo Y580 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosemite (10.10.X) on Lenovo Y580

My config.plist

Clover's DSDT "Fixes" should be avoided. Do the DSDT patches you need manually.

Unless you have a custom SSDT for your CPU (ssdtPRgen.sh script), you should set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/PluginType=1.

Avoid HaltEnabler.

Your profile indicates you have only nvidia graphics, yet you're injecting Intel?

Kernel flags are entered in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

Clover's DSDT "Fixes" should be avoided. Do the DSDT patches you need manually.

Unless you have a custom SSDT for your CPU (ssdtPRgen.sh script), you should set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/PluginType=1.

Avoid HaltEnabler.

Your profile indicates you have only nvidia graphics, yet you're injecting Intel?

Kernel flags are entered in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

HaltEnabler i switch to "NO"
If I switch "NO" in Intel injection, i'll take blackscreen
Thanks for where to enter kernel flags.

Now all usb ports (bus) works, and sleep works well.
AppleHDA still doesn't work (sad)
MaciASL doesn't work in Yosemite, now I can't patch DSDT

I don't know how to type "backlight-level" in config.plist, "nvram -p" in terminal shows me "backlight-level %10%07"

UPD
AppleHDA work with patched kext from applelife and i paste "kext-dev-mode=1" to Boot Arguments for load patched kexts.
Now all works great, exept battery status, battery status not work.
"Show battery status in menu bar" in "System Preferences" doesn't work
Then I cut EFI folder from my usb flash and paste to hidden EFI partition

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 2.15.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 2.15.52 AM.png
    644.2 KB · Views: 179

HaltEnabler i switch to "NO"
If I switch "NO" in Intel injection, i'll take blackscreen
Thanks for where to enter kernel flags.

Now all usb ports (bus) works, and sleep works well.
AppleHDA still doesn't work (sad)
MaciASL doesn't work in Yosemite, now I can't patch DSDT

I don't know how to type "backlight-level" in config.plist, "nvram -p" in terminal shows me "backlight-level %10%07"

No need to set backlight level in config.plist.

I'm using my build of MaciASL without issue (for the most part) in Yosemite.

Followed advice of all of you and everything went superb but the one problem i got is i cannot get the usb 3.0 orts working for the life of me i tried many kexts and no luck is there anyone that can give me the right kext for the y580 3.0 ports? It sucks to use just 1 usb port thanks you people are very talented and keep it up

Followed advice of all of you and everything went superb but the one problem i got is i cannot get the usb 3.0 orts working for the life of me i tried many kexts and no luck is there anyone that can give me the right kext for the y580 3.0 ports? It sucks to use just 1 usb port thanks you people are very talented and keep it up

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3
Use -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag with it.

I have looked around and have made this patch it works but if you pull out lets say a usb mem stick without eject it will freeze the osx but if you eject and re-put usb mem stick back in usb 3.0 it works, at the moment i just cannot pull out without eject, I would never pull it out anyway without eject but mistakes happen sometimes and you forget. It makes a huge problem in one case though if you have music midi instruments connected like example a roland TR-8 it will work no problem but there is no eject for that type o element as far as I know and when you pull it out again osx freezes, but maybe someone can update mine because its like 90% perfect it works great if you do the eject thing I used system profile got the device ID and did the primary match inside kext

Attachments

• Patched usb 3.0 Y580 Kext-OS X 10.zip
    58.1 KB · Views: 106

I have looked around and have made this patch it works but if you pull out lets say a usb mem stick without eject it will freeze the osx but if you eject and re-put usb mem stick back in usb 3.0 it works, at the moment i just cannot pull out without eject, I would never pull it out anyway without eject but mistakes happen sometimes and you forget. It makes a huge problem in one case though if you have music midi instruments connected like example a roland TR-8 it will work no problem but there is no eject for that type o element as far as I know and when you pull it out again osx freezes, but maybe someone can update mine because its like 90% perfect it works great if you do the eject thing I used system profile got the device ID and did the primary match inside kext

Please change 'RM,Build' 'RM,Version' such that your (modified) kext isn't mistaken for mine. Thanks in advance.

confused sorry do you mean rename my file i am above average at hackintoshing so please bear with me

confused sorry do you mean rename my file i am above average at hackintoshing so please bear with me

Look in the same area of the Info.plist that you changed.

ok I will open the plist again and change what you told me, I think that is what I am sussposed to do. Thank you for getting back to me with my question, also is there a way to get HDMI-out working at the moment? I tried to connect the HDMI cable to my tv with no luck, I tried the osx veitinam tool to try and patch it with no luck. I really want to thank you people for what you do for us if there is any donation option to keep the work going I would be more than happy to help. Following the instructions for the Y580 my geekbench score increased by almost 4000 points when I did it myself I had gotten a GB score total around the 9000's with your guys tutorials I am in the 12000's now, and that is what I thought it should have been in the first place with an I7 2.3 ivy, I am so happy about this increase. This is some laptop lenovo made here the Y580 is a beast for OSX and a great buy at the moment on ebay going from 600-700 bucks. I also put in rG-skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133 GHZ and it wors just have to have the un-locked bios and it works very nicely. I figured it would be the last upgrade I would do beside putting 3 ssd hard drives in it, the performance is really great and also have windows 7 on the m-sata HD and what is even fun when I take a break from music production I jump into win 7 and play some great games at xbox 360/ps3 quality not bad at all very good all around laptop, now one more thing to get HDMI working and it is a wrap. Thank You again and let me know where I can donate to keep the interest on working for the Y580 laptop scene One more thing I cannot boot without the usb memory stick when I pull it out and try to load it keeps on reboot looping any idea's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back