Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite (10.10.X) on Lenovo Y580 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosemite (10.10.X) on Lenovo Y580

Glad it works! I've traced the problem in the Installer, I hope I can fix it soon.

LET ME LOVE YOU! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm gonna try to upgrade from my Mavericks as soon as I can and I'll report back how it went.
HDMI(and Sound) not working is annoying, but it for sure won't stop me from installing Yosemite.

Thank youuuuuuuu <3

Do you get turned on VGA output for external monitor?
And status "battery needs to be replaced"

So I upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite using your manual upgrade method and I am really surprised how well this went.
The only thing not working for me is the sound, but I have no clue why.

Other than that, I'll just assume HDMI won't work for me, but I haven't tested it yet.

EDIT: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-yosemite-10-10-x-lenovo-y580.html#post893118

this fixed it for me. :)

EDIT 2:
No, it's just a temporary fix, because while using spotify the music starts to play in a very distorted way after some time and then there's no sound at all. However, a Reboot fixes this. But still annoying

Try my AppleHDA (Sound works after sleep and in every apps that i used). Because my sound didn't work with Jesser's AppleHDA too.View attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip

P.S. Can somebody explain what kernel flag "kext-dev-mode=1" mean? In my case everything works without it

Try my AppleHDA (Sound works after sleep and in every apps that i used). Because my sound didn't work with Jesser's AppleHDA too.View attachment 108479

P.S. Can somebody explain what kernel flag "kext-dev-mode=1" mean? In my case everything without it

kext-dev-mode allows unsigned/patched kexts to exist in /S/L/E for inclusion in kernel cache.

Thanks for answer, RehabMan.

Found one problem with Yosemite. Laptop doesn't remember BackLight level. Every time when i boot - it is on max.

EDIT: And now have problem with boot.
I didn't change anything in my system or kexts, but now have "Still waiting for root devices"
first photo with simple boot, second with -f flag

Attachments

• IMG_20141021_224346.jpg
    IMG_20141021_224346.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20141021_224457.jpg
    IMG_20141021_224457.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 158

Cool!! I also wanna make a installer for my laptop. Take your codes as reference. Thanks for your great job!

Thanks for answer, RehabMan.

Found one problem with Yosemite. Laptop doesn't remember BackLight level. Every time when i boot - it is on max.

Did you implement backlight control with ACPIBacklight.kext and the DSDT/SSDT patches?

Also, you need working NVRAM. Depends on the bootloader you're using.

EDIT: And now have problem with boot.
I didn't change anything in my system or kexts, but now have "Still waiting for root devices"
first photo with simple boot, second with -f flag

Booting USB or booting HDD install?

I've got "Boot0 error".
And "Boot0 error Official Guide" helpless for me.
I've tried boot with Unibeast usb, and i try type in terminal:
diskutil unmount disk0s2
diskutil unmount disk1
dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

and terminal shows is 1024 bytes copied, then i press restart, but chameleon won't load, still shows boot0 error

And i've tried this one:
dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk1

same problem, Boot0 error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back