Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 12 For Newbies: Almost There

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the DSDT edits was to use RehabMan's Null ethernet kext to access the app store.
But I'm missing something as the kext worked with or without a patched DSDT.. I'll keep thinking, or down grade.
I've got another problem today.. Bluetooth stopped working randomly. It worked well in the last days but after a few reboots system report shows ID: 00 00 00 00 00 under Bluetooth. Have you got that problem too?

From what I remember of the German forum through google translate, Bluetooth only worked as a side effect after dual booting with windows, it happens with other laptops as well. Mine shows the same Address 00 00 00 00 00
BTW although it 'works' it only seems to connect to the Apple touch pad. I cant connect to my Bluetooth speakers or android phone even though its "looking for devices" and I don't have an Apple touch pad to try.

EDIT it did bluetooth tether to my android phone for a bluetooth wifi and trackpad though.
But this, the voodooI2C kext and HoNDIS USB tethering all stopped working with the 10.12.2 update.

Last edited:
Is photo booth and the webcam still working for you?
If you use Clover configurator you could try Devices > USB and select inject and high current (or other combination) This worked for the webcam and I have a feeling possibly the bluetooth also, although I cant remember for sure.

Last edited:
Is photo booth and the webcam still working for you?
If you use Clover configurator you could try Devices > USB and select inject and high current (or other combination) This worked for the webcam and I have a feeling possibly the bluetooth also, although I cant remember for sure.
About VoodooI2C: I remember before installing it in S/L/E I put the kext on the desktop and ran the command at the end of the guide. Don't know if it's important or not.

From what I remember of the German forum through google translate, Bluetooth only worked as a side effect after dual booting with windows, it happens with other laptops as well. Mine shows the same Address 00 00 00 00 00
BTW although it 'works' it only seems to connect to the Apple touch pad. I cant connect to my Bluetooth speakers or android phone even though its "looking for devices" and I don't have an Apple touch pad to try.

EDIT it did bluetooth tether to my android phone for a bluetooth wifi and trackpad though.
But this, the voodooI2C kext and HoNDIS USB tethering all stopped working with the 10.12.2 update.

According to a post at the "insane-ones" you have to update the firmware of the bluetooth controller to get reliable bluetooth:

(bluetooth only recognized not working without running an ubuntu vm to upload the FW)
check Claude Tech's post here: http://tinyurl.com/jgnj28w

EDIT: just noticed he is using the Xiaomi 13" model, but perhaps this is relevant for the 12,4" Model too

Last edited:
According to a post at the "insane-ones" you have to update the firmware of the bluetooth controller to get reliable bluetooth:

(bluetooth only recognized not working without running an ubuntu vm to upload the FW)
check Claude Tech's post here: http://tinyurl.com/jgnj28w

EDIT: just noticed he is using the Xiaomi 13" model, but perhaps this is relevant for the 12,4" Model too
If every time you have to open a VM it's not convenient. About the NVME drive: don't know if someone got it working or not. Have you found anything about that? I see informations only about the 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back