Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 12 For Newbies: Almost There

Status
Not open for further replies.
continued from.. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-voodooi2c-i2c-trackpad-limited-support.204227/page-21

Still no trackpad cusor movement on Sierra 10.12.2 (Sierra 10.12.1 was ok) with any branch of voodooI2C.kext.
Anyone else have this problem?

Are you sure you have the DSDT linked in the guide in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched ? Have you deleted AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext in System/Library/Extensions as required?
If you have no success you can download my EFI HDD FIXED atteched above and intall the VoodooI2C attached with KextBeast (put it on the Desktop and run KextBeast). But you must remove those 2 kext in that folder.

Last edited:
Yes, and tried again with the DSDT linked. No luck :(
Using Sierra 10.12.1 (and El Cap) it worked with or without a patched DSDT.
This is very strange! I was looking forward to trying the MacForceOne version. With the first IC2 kext the cursor wondered off by itself until you double clicked. This new(er) kext stops this behaviour, yes? If so I may go down to El Cap again as I have the USB still hanging around.

Yes, and tried again with the DSDT linked. No luck :(
Using Sierra 10.12.1 (and El Cap) it worked with or without a patched DSDT.
This is very strange! I was looking forward to trying the MacForceOne version. With the first IC2 kext the cursor wondered off by itself until you double clicked. This new(er) kext stops this behaviour, yes? If so I may go down to El Cap again as I have the USB still hanging around.
It's strange. For me it's working perfectly and I've only followed the steps I said in post #11. Maybe you'll have to redo the installation from the beginning.

It's strange. For me it's working perfectly and I've only followed the steps I said in post #11. Maybe you'll have to redo the installation from the beginning.

You are not trying to share patched ACPI files from one computer to another are you?
Always a bad idea.
ACPI files must be patched from native extract on each machine...

You are not trying to share patched ACPI files from one computer to another are you?
Always a bad idea.
ACPI files must be patched from native extract on each machine...
Xiaomi only produced the Xiaomi Mi Notebook in series. There's only one 12.5 model and BIOS never got an update. Infact the DSDT I linked in the guide is not mine but it's working for my laptop.

Xiaomi only produced the Xiaomi Mi Notebook in series. There's only one 12.5 model and BIOS never got an update. Infact the DSDT I linked in the guide is not mine but it's working for my laptop.

Unless you know how to compare native DSDT to the patched DSDT you're attempting to use, and have verified they are compatible (equal SystemMemory addresses), then not a good idea.

Even minor differences in hardware installed, or BIOS options selected can change native DSDT causing a patched DSDT to be out-of-sync and incompatible.

Unless you know how to compare native DSDT to the patched DSDT you're attempting to use, and have verified they are compatible (equal SystemMemory addresses), then not a good idea.

Even minor differences in hardware installed, or BIOS options selected can change native DSDT causing a patched DSDT to be out-of-sync and incompatible.
It's clear you're right. I was trying to figure out some differences between my original DSDT and their one, because with mine the trackpad didn't work. Apparently there's no difference in the I2C code and they did not apply any of the patches on the VoodooI2C Maciasl's repo so I'm a bit lost.

It's clear you're right. I was trying to figure out some differences between my original DSDT and their one, because with mine the trackpad didn't work. Apparently there's no difference in the I2C code and they did not apply any of the patches on the VoodooI2C Maciasl's repo so I'm a bit lost.

Compare native DSDT with patched DSDT (preferably from the same computer) to determine which changes were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back