Contribute
Register

Guide: X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep (CPU Power Management)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide: Asus X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep

Спасибо огромное работает на все 100%!!! All work, thanks !!!

Attachments

• ?????? ?????? 2014-10-28 ? 23.48.26.png
    ?????? ?????? 2014-10-28 ? 23.48.26.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 200

Ok I noticed today that my mobo have that red light indicator on all the time and won't turn of while using os x that is in installed to a samsung SSD http://pho.to/7gccH

but turns of when i boot to win 8 different SSD intel 830 but yeah really strange.. wonder if clover did that now or it was always like that in os x..

any ideas guys? start to worry here :/

*update 141029
it was only CsmVideoDxe-64.efi in drivers64UEFI clover folder.. when i removed that driver the red light turned off.. :D
apparently my mobo doesn't need it either inorder to get clover to work

I would like to know how many states should 3930k cpu have to consider it fully functional in both 10.9 and 10.10 ?

@osxf33k,
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, last I checked Andrew was adding the mm6,2 StepContextDict to his fake smc kext which achieve the same result as using the kext provided here (just a dummy kext that overrides the oem StepContextDict from whatever platform you're using). I prefer a modular approach.

You shouldn't need to patch the AICPUPM kext because your CPU is IvyB-EP not SandyB-E. However, if you actually get better results from doing, then go for it. I don't logically see how it could help w your CPU though.

You could use the config.plist I provided in my golden build for Eric and also use the Dsdt guide I linked to in that build to patch your dsdt as opposed to using Andrews ssdt but that just comes down to your preference. With a patched dsdt you need to re-extract and patch a new dsdt every time you want to update the bios.

Wake from sleep works fine for me. I did however brake it and have the same symptom as you (unstable sleep) when I updated my bios to the newest one for the r4e. I think the bios chip actually went bad becaus when I switched to my 2nd bios chip (r4e has 2 chips) and updated it, wake worked fine. I haven't gotten around to replacing the 1st bios chip to see if that fixes it for bios1

@osxf33k,
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, last I checked Andrew was adding the mm6,2 StepContextDict to his fake smc kext which achieve the same result as using the kext provided here (just a dummy kext that overrides the oem StepContextDict from whatever platform you're using). I prefer a modular approach.

You shouldn't need to patch the AICPUPM kext because your CPU is IvyB-EP not SandyB-E. However, if you actually get better results from doing, then go for it. I don't logically see how it could help w your CPU though.

You could use the config.plist I provided in my golden build for Eric and also use the Dsdt guide I linked to in that build to patch your dsdt as opposed to using Andrews ssdt but that just comes down to your preference. With a patched dsdt you need to re-extract and patch a new dsdt every time you want to update the bios.

Wake from sleep works fine for me. I did however brake it and have the same symptom as you (unstable sleep) when I updated my bios to the newest one for the r4e. I think the bios chip actually went bad becaus when I switched to my 2nd bios chip (r4e has 2 chips) and updated it, wake worked fine. I haven't gotten around to replacing the 1st bios chip to see if that fixes it for bios1

Thanks for that information. I am still working on trying different things in clover and so far no luck. My system wakes to Black Screen. I unloaded as many 3rd party kexts as possible. I removed VoodooTSCsync, GenericUSBXHCI and AppleIntelE1000e. Maybe its the processor who knows?

I see you had Darkwake set to 10 in Clover and now I am trying different settings to see if that can help.

Is nvram locked on your bios? I believe it is on mine it will not remember settings after a boot even with RC scripts installed.

Thanks

I think clover handles nvram in a file like the fileNVRam module for chameleon but I'm not sure.

Well after some exhaustive testing I figured it out. Under AI Tweaker Disable CPU PLL Termination. This is set to Auto by default.

Sleep was working it was just wake which works now.

Nvram works for me with RC scripts installed. I never tested to see if its supported with Real Nvram if there is one I still rather not mess with it and just use the Emu driver and scripts.

Thanks

This is a fantastic guide, easy to follow, and it works a treat, running great on X79, 3930,OS 10.10.1 , BIOS 4608, throttles up/down 1.2/4.5 nicely, sleep works.

I owe you and your colleagues a beer or two shilohh, many thanks.

Hi Shilohh, you probably so busy i hope you have little time you could help ,i have the 4930K MB Asus Sabertooth X79,32GB Ram GPU EVGA Geforce GTX 650 mac os 10.9.2 my over clock does't work always fail 4.0,4.1,4.2GHZ nothing so i wanna keep the 3.9GHz but it's appear my cpu in the bios can't pass the 3.4my CPU package Multiplier it's around X12 to 34 CPU package 1.20 and the frequency for my GPU never show up in HWMonitor i have the feeling my CPU it's defect that's why turbo Boost Doesn't work i use your speestep configuration but in the bios 3.4 suck tell me what do you think do i need to send back the CPU to intel for a RMA or there is something i'm not doing well? thanks for your help..Merry Chrismas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back