Contribute
Register

[Guide] Update Sony 'S' Series to Clover & Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jays MonkeyBook Pro - The Ultimate Sony VPC-SE CustoMac Build

Hey @Jay
I reinstalled fresh 10.0.2 again. Still stuck on applepowermanagement not working. Mine only working with Nullpowermanagement.
One issue is that when I put NULLPOWERMANGEMENT in S/L/E and boot with unibeast. I can't mount my EFI Partion and it seems like the kext that patched into configlist also not working.
So, it's kind of wired. Basiclly, we have the same Laptop. Mine is Sony VPCSE190x, also have same motherboard and same CPU. In previous, my laptop working perfectly with your guide except This time. Mine also working with clover+10.9.5.
So hope we could find a solution for it. Thank you so much.

Hi, Jay, I may have found some clue with the problem of my VPCSE's wake-from-sleep issue and your machines camera problem.

Today I tried your DSDT and found my machine can wake from sleep but camera not working in multiple code boots. It seems that whenever BT works on my machine the camera works too. In these boots, BT worked several times.

So I re-patched the DSDT on a new extracted one, still the same problem of wake-from-sleep. And after replacing BTFirmwareUploader with BrcmPatchRAM I had at least 4 consecutive cold boots with both BT and camera working, but still not wake from sleep.

So the difference is within the DSDT’s. Is anywhere way to tell from a DSDT file what patches were applied? It is beyond my knowledge to analyse these DSDT’s but I attached the patched DSDT here for your reference. The patch I applied are:

From Rehahman’s repo
"Fix TNOT Error”
"Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error”
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU”
"HD3000 High Resolution”
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)”
"6-series USB”
Battery ”Sony VAIO S”
"HPET Fix”
"IRQ Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
“AC Adpter”

From the standard repo
“Insert DTGP”

From your Sony repo
"EDID data for 1920x1080”
“Fix Device PS2M"
“Fix Device HDEF"

The patches were applied in this above order and done today. What patches did you apply?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    34.9 KB · Views: 193

Hey @pgh550
Have you ever had mine problem? with Appleintelpowermanagement, mine sony se will reboot when start the system.

Hi, Jay, I may have found some clue with the problem of my VPCSE's wake-from-sleep issue and your machines camera problem.

Today I tried your DSDT and found my machine can wake from sleep but camera not working in multiple code boots. It seems that whenever BT works on my machine the camera works too. In these boots, BT worked several times.

@pgh550,

I had issues when trying BCMPatchRAM so went back to BTFirmwareUploader, BT 4 working fine
Interestingly for me USB Legacy must be disabled in BIOS in order for USB3 to work
Doesn't matter if it's enabled or disabled - it has no effect on the WebCam issue.

The only way to to check DSDT is to use DIFF Merge (or similar app) as detailed in my original guide (See Step 2.4 - Check Diffs), I haven't touch'ed my DSDT in a very long time except for going back to single battery support.

However ... having a bit of time to think about it i do vaguely remember playing around with the APT WAK method ... if i did it was a long time ago and i cant remember what i did.

I don't have much time at the moment to look at your DSDT but i've attached mine if you want to compare it against your DSDT using DiffMerge ..

Let me know how you get on .....

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• Jay DSDT.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 115

I reinstalled fresh 10.0.2 again. Still stuck on applepowermanagement not working. Mine only working with Nullpowermanagement.
One issue is that when I put NULLPOWERMANGEMENT in S/L/E and boot with unibeast. I can't mount my EFI Partion and it seems like the kext that patched into configlist also not working.
So, it's kind of wired. Basiclly, we have the same Laptop. Mine is Sony VPCSE190x, also have same motherboard and same CPU. In previous, my laptop working perfectly with your guide except This time. Mine also working with clover+10.9.5.
So hope we could find a solution for it. Thank you so much.

@rchen29,

It does seem odd that you have this issue....

I specifically wrote the new guide for those users who used my previous Mavericks build, so like you say if after following Steps 1 & 2 to update to Clover boot for Mavericks and it was working then it should work with Yosemite.

However as we all know DSDT's can be finicky and sometimes the smallest difference can have a big effect on the stability of the system .... I would try checking your DSDT against mine (see above post) - hopefully you will spot something relevant.

Cheers
Jay

I don't have much time at the moment to look at your DSDT but i've attached mine if you want to compare it against your DSDT using DiffMerge ..

Let me know how you get on .....

Hi, Jay, I did a DiffMerge with the two DSDT files and it seems to be related with graphics. In your DSDT's _WAK method, it calls POFF method first. I tried to copy these into my DSDT along with the _SB.PCI0.PEG0 device definition. It did not work. In the end I realised that there must be other stuff in the DSDT which matter so I just used VPCSC's DSDT and did the "EDID data for 1920x1080” patch. And it seems that wake, BT and camera are all working now. The working DSDT is attached here.

I still have problems with bluetooth. It was not detected on some boots. But as long as BT works, the camera works too. BrcmPatchRAM works better on my machine. If it loads BT, then both BT and camera works. BTFirmwareUploader some times loads BT, but BT won't connect to any BT device nor the camera was detected.

When BT works with BrcmPatchRAM kext, the trace in system boot log looks like:
Feb 6 15:43:50 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Version 1.3 starting on OS X Darwin 14.1.
Feb 6 15:43:50 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM [13d3:3404]: USB [006B9E060D38 v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"
Feb 6 15:43:50 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmFirmwareStore: Retrieved firmware for firmware key "BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1479_v5575".
Feb 6 15:43:50 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmFirmwareStore: Decompressed firmware (29776 bytes --> 70105 bytes).

But when it does not work, either
Feb 6 15:25:38 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Version 1.3 starting on OS X Darwin 14.1.
Feb 6 15:25:38 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM [13d3:3404]: USB [ v274] "" by ""
Feb 6 15:25:38 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM [13d3:3404]: No configuration descriptor for configuration index: 0.

or
Feb 6 15:30:18 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Version 1.3 starting on OS X Darwin 14.1.
Feb 6 15:30:18 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM [13d3:3404]: USB [006B9E060D38 v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"
Feb 6 15:30:18 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM [13d3:3404]: device request failed ("Pipe has stalled, error needs to be cleared" 0xe000404f).

Hope someone can shed me some light to make the bluetooth part stable.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    35.3 KB · Views: 175
I still have problems with bluetooth. It was not detected on some boots. But as long as BT works, the camera works too. BrcmPatchRAM works better on my machine. If it loads BT, then both BT and camera works. BTFirmwareUploader some times loads BT, but BT won't connect to any BT device nor the camera was detected.

@pgh550,

What Bt firmware version do you have ?, i'm running v14 c5575 i had issues with any other version.

BT-info.jpg
Are you using both TolediaAPRT.kext & BCM4352.kext from Toledia's Reop here as detailed in my AW-CE123H update guide, not sure why but it's important to have them both for correct operation of WiFi & BT4, if your not using both then install them and maybe try again with BTFirmwareUplaoder

I have to say that of all my WiFi/BT based Hacks the Sony Vaio SE2 with AW-CE123H works perfect, you can turn BT on and off no problem, instantly connects to paired devices ... etc works with handoff and continuity .. etc no issues with sleep or wake.

Cheers
Jay

Hey @Jay
unfortunaly, I tried boot without cache but it still do the reboot after It shows this picture very quick.
View attachment 125024
Hey is the short video for it in 240fps mode:
http://youtu.be/cg5UqArAVs4

The panic appears to be in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with RCX=0xE2. This indicates unpatched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is loading and executing.

Check your config.plist for KernelAndKextPatches/AsusAICPUPM=true.

Note that Clover can only patch kexts that are loaded by Clover itself. If you're booting from cache, and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is not in the cache, it will load unpatched by the kernel instead of by Clover. To work around this, boot without caches so Clover can load it and patch it. Then rebuild caches such that the kext is in the cache. Be sure to check for errors from your cache rebuild.

Jay can u help me with dumping VBios ROM !
M using ROM for my AMD Radeon HD 7650m from internet resources, is it ok coz I’ve tried GPU-Z, AIDA64,DarwinDumper,DPCI Manager but no luck.
M getting Full QE/CI, only wanted to know if its ok to use someone ROM(same device) or it will cause problem to my graphics card.
Is VBios ROM device specific !
Also m having Gradient Issue !
Fully Confused.

i can see rom in Ubuntu 14.01 (Live USB)!
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ find /sys/devices -name “rom”
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0/rom <- this is Bios (131kb)
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.0/0000:02:00.0/rom <- this is VBios ROM (65kb)

only need to copy !
Ive used Sudo but no luck !
But y does ubuntu is giving I/O error !

Hey @RehabMan, @Jay
I spent lots of time to solve this issue. Finally, I tried to change my mac version from 8.3 to Macbook Pro 8.1, and this solved my problem. So, I'm not sure why but it did solve my problem. To the person who had same problem, you can try my method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back