Contribute
Register

[Guide] Update Sony 'S' Series to Clover & Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I recently installed the Azurewave AW-CE123H. I followed the update guide of Jaymonkey to install this Wireless Card and used the kexts in at the beginning of this thread.
Now Wifi is working pretty well, but I'm unable to turn off Bluetooth in the Bluetooth settings. I can turn off bluetooth with the hardware switch, but then the wireless turns off after around 1-2 minutes.

Screenshot at Dez. 15 12-54-40.png

I read that JayMonkey mention to use Firmware-Version "v14 ...". I thought the attached kexts in the beginning of this thread are the the current ones? May I need to download updated kexts? And where can I find them?

Thanks!

Hello,

I recently installed the Azurewave AW-CE123H. I followed the update guide of Jaymonkey to install this Wireless Card and used the kexts in at the beginning of this thread.
Now Wifi is working pretty well, but I'm unable to turn off Bluetooth in the Bluetooth settings. I can turn off bluetooth with the hardware switch, but then the wireless turns off after around 1-2 minutes.

View attachment 167470

I read that JayMonkey mention to use Firmware-Version "v14 ...". I thought the attached kexts in the beginning of this thread are the the current ones? May I need to download updated kexts? And where can I find them?

Thanks!

Requirements for BCM94352 are in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hello,

Some of you have disable the discrete GPU on your Sony Vaio ? I am trying, but I have several errors on my SSDT5.
If you succeeded, which patched did you apply please ?

Thanks

Hello,

I would like to limit the cpu multiplier to limit the heat and so the fan noise.

When I modify the multiplier limit, number of cores... in clover (boot menu or config.plist) nothing happens.

Does that is linked to the vaio ? Is there a solution, please ?

Cheers

Hello,

I would like to limit the cpu multiplier to limit the heat and so the fan noise.

When I modify the multiplier limit, number of cores... in clover (boot menu or config.plist) nothing happens.

Does that is linked to the vaio ? Is there a solution, please ?

Cheers

Generally you cannot limit the multiplier like that... But you can use a kext like DisableTurboBoost to disable the turbo states.

I have an i3-2350M that do not have TurboBoost.

Can I customize my ssdt to limit the frequency or the number of cores of my cpu for example ?

Cheers

I have an i3-2350M that do not have TurboBoost.

Can I customize my ssdt to limit the frequency or the number of cores of my cpu for example ?

Cheers

No. The SSDT must match the pstates supported by the CPU.

If you have overheat problems, it is likely your implementation of power management is flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back