Contribute
Register

[Guide] Update Sony 'S' Series to Clover & Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I hope that didn't sound unfriendly. I was a bit frustrated about the errors at booting. I've got successfully installed OS X 10.10.5 with Chimera. Nevertheless big thanks to you RehabMan! :thumbup:

I'm sorry, I hope that didn't sound unfriendly. I was a bit frustrated about the errors at booting. I've got successfully installed OS X 10.10.5 with Chimera. Nevertheless big thanks to you RehabMan! :thumbup:

No worries. Since Clover has so many options, it requires very accurate configuration.

Hello,

thanks RehabMan I really tried it once more with Clover and was able to install Yosemite with Clover. But now I've got following issue:

IMG_0375.jpg

My DSDT.aml and Config.plist have got the correct Resolution 1366x768 inserted, but when I start OSX Yosemite I've got this screen. Hackintosh is set up as Macbook Pro 8,1.

Is there a easy fix for that?

Thanks

Hello,

thanks RehabMan I really tried it once more with Clover and was able to install Yosemite with Clover. But now I've got following issue:

View attachment 167082

My DSDT.aml and Config.plist have got the correct Resolution 1366x768 inserted, but when I start OSX Yosemite I've got this screen. Hackintosh is set up as Macbook Pro 8,1.

Is there a easy fix for that?

Thanks

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Because you're using config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true, you're injection AAPL,DualLink=1. DualLink=1 should only be used for 1600x900 or greater (as these displays usually use a dual-link LVDS cable). The default value for DualLink is 1 in Clover.

You have two choices:
config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false

-or-
config.plist/Graphics/DualLink=0

You're doing all the required injections via _DSM in your DSDT, so you really don't need Clover injecting additional properties (hence, Intel=false is an option).

Because you're using config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true, you're injection AAPL,DualLink=1. DualLink=1 should only be used for 1600x900 or greater (as these displays usually use a dual-link LVDS cable). The default value for DualLink is 1 in Clover.

You have two choices:
config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false

-or-
config.plist/Graphics/DualLink=0

You're doing all the required injections via _DSM in your DSDT, so you really don't need Clover injecting additional properties (hence, Intel=false is an option).

Awesome thanks! I used "Intel=false", now the resolution looks good.

I installed Yosemite directly (no update from Mavericks) may I have to do step 4 of the guide then? I think everything runs pretty well...

Awesome thanks! I used "Intel=false", now the resolution looks good.

I installed Yosemite directly (no update from Mavericks) may I have to do step 4 of the guide then? I think everything runs pretty well...

You'll need to read the section to see if you need to do anything there or if you're missing anything.

Hi there, I had done the first guide to install mavericks, I used 10.9.4 for quite some time until I decided to update to 10.9.5 and the audio stopped working.
So I followed this guide to try Yosemite and check it out before going back to 10.9.4 .
I got it working and even decided to try El Capitan, I have 3 partitions with the install of each one, so I didn't use a usb to install the os.
But the audio was still the same, not being detected. I got tired of trying and when I connected a tv/monitor monitor to it I started to hear sounds coming from the monitor, it seems it recognizes the audio but it doesn't recognize the speaker and neither the microphone. I can live without the notebook speaker, it was terrible anyway.

Mine is a brazilian model VPCSE 15FB, I will leave this message here in case someone is also having problems with the audio.

Hi there, I had done the first guide to install mavericks, I used 10.9.4 for quite some time until I decided to update to 10.9.5 and the audio stopped working.
So I followed this guide to try Yosemite and check it out before going back to 10.9.4 .
I got it working and even decided to try El Capitan, I have 3 partitions with the install of each one, so I didn't use a usb to install the os.
But the audio was still the same, not being detected. I got tired of trying and when I connected a tv/monitor monitor to it I started to hear sounds coming from the monitor, it seems it recognizes the audio but it doesn't recognize the speaker and neither the microphone. I can live without the notebook speaker, it was terrible anyway.

Mine is a brazilian model VPCSE 15FB, I will leave this message here in case someone is also having problems with the audio.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back