Contribute
Register

[Guide] Update Sony 'S' Series to Clover & Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the fast answer. I followed your guide for installation and deciced to use clover legacy. I used the config.plist file of jaymonkey and changed the resolution to 1366x768. I also copied the .efi files and kexts of jaymonkey to to the stick. I don't know where the specific mistake could be.

Thanks for the fast answer. I followed your guide for installation and deciced to use clover legacy. I used the config.plist file of jaymonkey and changed the resolution to 1366x768. I also copied the .efi files and kexts of jaymonkey to to the stick. I don't know where the specific mistake could be.

Boot verbose, show photo (and clearly explain the issue).

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Thanks for your help RehabMan! I posted a picture above is it useful or should i upload another image? I made a video showing part of the boot process, maybe I can upload it somewhere…
I looked one more time on the thread of Jaymonkey and recognized that I have to copy my DSDT file to the stick too, is this necessary? Can I use this DSDT file i extracted with AIDA64 on windows?

Well every time i try to boot i get the error “still waiting for root device” or the other error posted above. So after the error "superiodevice fatal found unsupported ship ite sequence ID=0xb00 winbond sequence ID=0xffff” shows the screen turns black, but i know my notebook isn’t off but nothing happens.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    32.7 KB · Views: 102
  • CLOVER 2.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Thanks for your help RehabMan! I posted a picture above is it useful or should i upload another image? I made a video showing part of the boot process, maybe I can upload it somewhere…
I looked one more time on the thread of Jaymonkey and recognized that I have to copy my DSDT file to the stick too, is this necessary? Can I use this DSDT file i extracted with AIDA64 on windows?

Well every time i try to boot i get the error “still waiting for root device” or the other error posted above. So after the error "superiodevice fatal found unsupported ship ite sequence ID=0xb00 winbond sequence ID=0xffff” shows the screen turns black, but i know my notebook isn’t off but nothing happens.

Edit:

I uploaded the video:
https://vimeo.com/148283058

Your EFI/Clover is not according to the guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Allright I will create my USB Installer once more exactly like your guide and try. Maybe I missed something. Thanks

Edit:
I recreated my USB Installer and tried it, but it failed with a black screen like before… I hope my folder looks correct now. Now can you help me?

Edit2:

Here is the new video: https://vimeo.com/148283058

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I know also tried to copy my DSDT.aml file to the /Extra folder on the stick, but there wasn't such a folder. So I created one but nothing changed at booting.

Allright I will create my USB Installer once more exactly like your guide and try. Maybe I missed something. Thanks

Edit:
I recreated my USB Installer and tried it, but it failed with a black screen like before… I hope my folder looks correct now. Now can you help me?

Edit2:

Here is the new video: https://vimeo.com/148283058

You did not follow the guide. OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is missing from drivers64UEFI as is HFSPlus.efi.

The config.plist is not one linked from the guide.

I’m using Clover Legacy guide. There was no instruction to click “OsxAptioFixDrv-64” on legacy guide. And also I thought it doesn’t make sense to copy files to /drivers64UEFI cause of "Note: For Clover legacy, HFSPlus.efi is built-in (Clover legacy loads no drivers from drivers64UEFI anyway)”?
May I have to copy “OsxAptioFixDrv-64” to /drivers64 instead?

I used config.plist of Jaymonkey in the first post and changed the resolution. May I have to use config.plist of your Github Repo for 1366x768?

Thanks

Next Try:
Well i read JayMonkeys Yosemite Guide once more and tried his guide with the "Hybrid EFI Boot". Sadly my Advanced Bios looks a bit different to JayMonkeys.

Bios-Comparison.jpg

I used the Clover Configuration(Picture below is from JayMonkey 1.Post!) mentioned in the first post and also copied my DSDT.aml file and also copied HFSPlus.efi to the stick.
Sony-SE2-Clover-Install-Options-JayMonkey.png
I'm able to start booting but then I get errors and the system restarts. I tried also to boot without "HFSPlus.efi" and without "DSDT.aml"...
Verbose-Booting.jpg
View attachment CLOVER.7z

Sadly the screenshots are pretty bad, cause it was very fast :(
Anyone knows what to do?

I’m using Clover Legacy guide. There was no instruction to click “OsxAptioFixDrv-64” on legacy guide.

Too bad your profile does not indicate you're using legacy...

No way for anyone to know unless you state it somewhere.

I used config.plist of Jaymonkey in the first post and changed the resolution. May I have to use config.plist of your Github Repo for 1366x768?

Try the config.plist from the repo that matches your hardware configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back