Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Everything went smooth as butter with my setup. Graphics, Audio and Network interface.

Thank you very much for the tutorial.

Hardware List:
Intel i7 2600K
Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
Geforce 680 SLI
16 Gb Ram

Installed over the top, booting from usb then selecting the Mavericks drive
Now I've got white screen with Apple logo and a loading bar and nothing.......View attachment 108592

in -x -v I see

image.jpg

Well it took me 4 days, mostly of booting off the USB install stick head scratching and sweat, a re-install off my Time Machine backup and a reconstruction of the EFI partition but I'm typing this on a stable, trim-enabled, audio enabled Yosemite hackintosh.

Thanks to all who posted here without the advice of whom I couldn't have done this!

Sys config is a GA Z87X-UDH3 with a water cooled 4770K, Nvidia 660 GTX graphics, Samsung 840 evo 250Gb SSD and 32GB RAM. Also driving a Firewire 800 card and two big 3.5" HDDs.

Overclocking safe & stable at 4.3GHz.

And Yosemite looks nice and plays well with the iPad Mini.

Have you got your onboard NIC working? if so what speed is it showing? gigabit or only 100mbit?

thanks

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by skapplin
This does not work. First, the Yosemite installer converts the target drive into a core storage volume so there is no output file destination such as disk0s2. There is only disk0. The Yosemite installer does not install either a boot file or a mach_kernel file. Makes me wonder if something isn't missing.

I'm installing on an OCZ 120 GB SSD. I also don't understand why Chimera designates the volume as RAID.

Steve

I had the same issue. Turns out it's due to Yosemite converting the drive to a core storage volume. I managed to revert it back using "diskutil cs revert <UUID or filesystem path>". Following this, I issued the "dd fix" for 4K drives and got Chimera working again. Hope this helps!

Thanks Malcolm1, converting the disk resolved my Boot0:error on my ssd as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a GA-H87N-WIFI and see a bit of video interference while booting, but once getting to the login screen all is well. I'm running dual monitors via hdmi, audio works, and wake from sleep works with my logitech unifying receiver setup. No wifi/Bluetooth and I use Ethernet

Is anyone else having issues with their system running slow. I got through the install and login but multi east is moving crazy slow. I get the spinning rainbow wheel every click I make then have to wait like 5 minutes to do another click.

This might not be the correct forum to ask a video question, but the issue came up after upgrading to Yosemite.... Hopefully someone might have some words of wisdom.

iTunes wont play movies. It will open the video window, but sits on a black screen. I can select the different chapters, size of screen, fast forward, rewind, etc, but no sound and a black video. The time lapse on the video does not move when I hit play. Acting like its paused, but its not paused.

When I select airplay within the video options and throw it at my Apple TV, it will play, and the time lapse on my desktop video window will then count as the movie plays (obviously with the back screen since airplay is engaged).

I was able to play video's prior to upgrading to Yosemite.

Any ideas?

Yosemite
GA-Z87X-UD4H
i7-4790K over-clocked to 4.2
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB
Dual DELL U2412M Displays
Mini-displayport to displayport cables

By the way, I'm a newbie. :shh:

ALC 892 no sound after sleep, Have to restart.

Yosemite
UniBeast and MultiBeast

Motherboard:GA-B75N

Anyone can tell me why and how to solve it.

Thanks!!

Leon

I think my hardwares are basically the same as yours(CPU: I7-4770, motherboard:GA-Z87X-UD7-TH, graphics:GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5). When I update my Mavericks to Yosemite, I couldn't get in the installation screen.I used Unibeast 5.0.1 to created a install drive. But doesn't matter what I did, every time when I click Unibeast install drive, it show me some error which i have no idea what means.
I have been stuck at here like 4 days,Can you tell what can I do from here?View attachment 108708
try boot with
Code:
-no-zp

Back