Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

When i boot from SSD i have this error
"No /mach_kernel found" or something similar...
How can i fix it?

App store and iCloud aren't working now :( please someone help me

Gigabyte Z87x OC Force
i7 4790K
16GB RAM
Gigabyte R9 280x OC

EDIT: "Errors encountered while starting up the computer" "Pausing 5 seconds..." during the boot.
After that i have the login screen and this error when i log...

Attachments

• 125kiuh.jpg
    125kiuh.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 158
Hello, check your ethernet bsd name in system report. It should be en0. If it's not go to system preferences/Network and remove everything. After that restart and check again.

Hello, check your ethernet bsd name in system report. It should be en0. If it's not go to system preferences/Network and remove everything. After that restart and check again.

Solved, the new installation modified the ethernet profile, I used the old profile and it works. I have the problem in the pic of the post now :( deadbeef error

Thanks for this guide. Successfully upgraded from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Yosemite. Followed the guide, after installation of OS, i booted up with USB, then selected internal drive, had to choose ignore cache to not get stuck on loading bar. Run multibeast, with the settings from the guide + selecting in MultiBeast: System/10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback. Everything seems to work, network,audio, bluetooth and firewire working.

I had the frozen Yosemite installation bar on an old charming GA-X58-UD5 either. After trying many tricks & Cmos reset mentioned here, I realise two of my faults;

1. Triple boot system has no any connected drive on 1&2 intel ICH sata ports but two startup mavericks SSD boot connected to 6GB/s 6/7 SATA3 marvel ports (for speed reason)
2. Award bios 'Load defaults' reset turned the GSata3 6/7 ports back to IDE while I was running them under AHCI since a couple of months. While correcting many parameters on bios I forgat that my SSD's are residing on an unusal ports.

Moving the SSD to first intel sata ports (just for forcing the system to reset) and correcting the 6/7 ports back to AHCI and moving the disks back their former place, I've got my both boot SSD's back. Now I'm ready to install Yosemite first by moving the target disk to ICH Port-0. Maybe these helps for USB-port vs Sata fail conflicts running on this thread.

Running Yosemite on a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H. Guide worked perfectly for me with no issues. Multibeast settings exactly the same for Mavericks.

Now I'm ready to install Yosemite first by moving the target disk to ICH Port-0. Maybe these helps for USB-port vs Sata fail conflicts running on this thread.

Thanks to Tony and the community. For GA-X58-UD5 mobo I've add the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and <key>HDEFLayoutID</key <string>01000000</string> to USB Extra/Cham.Boot plist as well as with my DSDT. installed in 17 minutes Yosemite running like a charm.

Seems to be a problem with the 10.10 Trim Patch ... Had to do the upgrade several times - by process of elimination, any time I enabled the trim patch via MultiBeast, the system would not boot. Also ALC892 does not work - as reported before.
-Dan

I'm struggling here and can't make any sense of this...hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm attempting to upgrade my Mavericks 10.9.4 installation which was working flawlessly to Yosemite.
My specs:
Gigabyte Z77x-UD3H mobo
Intel i7 2600k
8GB Ram
4 HDD's, all non SSD (Win 7 OS, OSX OS, 2 USB 3.0 externals)

I was able to install Yosemite via the provided directions, everything worked perfectly except ethernet and HD3000 graphics. No combination of anything in Multibeast seemed to rectify these problems for me. HD3000 shows up, but with only 7MB no acceleration. Oddly, when I boot in safe mode from the USB, ethernet suddenly works but USB and sound stops working. I should also note, despite installing successfully, including Chameleon 4.0, it would never successfully boot from the HD, only via USB. When booting from the HD, would get to the login screen and after entering my password, would just sit there with the spinning beach ball. I restored my 10.9.4 from backup and tried again with the same results, regardless of various option sets used in Multibeast. I then also tried installing the HD3000 kexts that worked for me in Mavericks and those prevented me from being able to boot normally from the USB, safe mode only.

I got frustrated and was curious to see the results with a clean install, so I wiped the drive and started over which I ultimately don't want to do, but I was curious if I could solve the problem with a clean install and then apply it to my upgrade route. This time, it would successfully boot from the HD and I had 1080p resolution, but still no acceleration. Multibeast wouldn't fix this even on the clean install.

The most frustrating thing for me is it would seem other people with this mobo upgraded or installed fine. What gives? It seems the 2 main issues I need to solve is the HD3000 and being able to boot from the HD when I take the upgrade route. I'm not sure if the HD3000 issue is what's causing the failed boot from HDD. There has to be a way to fix this! Appreciate any and all help. :beachball:

EDIT:

PROBLEM SOLVED! I was mirroring the settings in Unibeast that worked for me in Mavericks, in addition to trying almost every other combo of potentially related settings coupled with Googling. Nothing worked. What finally did it for me, was using the Quick Start DSDT Free and adding the following options: Intel Graphics patch (Drivers/Graphics), ALXEthernet v1.0.2 (Drivers/Network), NullCPUPowerManagement + USB 3.0 Universal (Drivers/Misc), 1080p Display Mode, (Customize/Boot Options), Sandy Bridge Core i7 (Customize/SSDT Options), and this time I went with the standard Mac Pro system definition the quick start set instead of choosing the Mac Mini 5,1 which is what worked for me in Mavericks. Hope this helps someone!

-E

Last edited:
Back