Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Does anyone know if this works for updating from 10.8.5?

ALC 892 no sound after sleep, Have to restart.

Yosemite
UniBeast and MultiBeast

Motherboard:GA-B75N

Anyone can tell me why and how to solve it.

Thanks!!

Leon

Running

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo killall coreaudiod

after each wake up seems to do the trick, but it's not very elegant.

It seems this is a known OS X issue (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5541299?tstart=0), and the permanent solution in real Macs seems to be to reset SMC and PRAM. Haven't found a way to do it here. Does anyone have a better solution?

Exactly the same issue here :(

If it helps, then my final rows after booting with -v are:
pci (build 00:11:20 Sep 19 2014, flags 0xe3000, pfm64 (36 cpu) 0xf80000000, 0x80000000
[ PCI configuration begin ]

I see that there are very many guys struggeling with the same problem. Can someone please look into it or has found a solution for it? I tried lots of stuff explained here, non works.

My specs are - 2500k, GA68Z-B3 (similar), HD6850

Reinstall Yosemite for the N-th time.... then in Multibeast, in Drivers -> System -> AppleACPIPlatform Rollback, go thru 2 of them, one will say something about [PCI Configuration begin] ... check that and you are good to go....

btw, I gave up Yosemite and reverted to Maverics after wasting whole Sat afternoon..... so now i am holding off Yosemite and wait for more stable wisdom from this site....

Finally got the update working on my x68x-ud3h-b3 | i7 2600k | geforce gt 640

Was having severe issues with boot time, graphics lag, and kernel panics

I updated my BIOS from f12 to the latest UEFI from Gigabyte's website and then followed Tony's guide again, and so far, it looks like a flawless victory.

I followed the guide to the letter. It was quite smooth installation/upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite. However, I cannot get the Audio works. I have a ACL889. I followed MultiBeast 7 option no luck. I used Kext Utility no luck. I followed a link to a Github project neither work.

I had an old Intel DX58SO MB which I used with Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion and Mavericks without any trouble.

Interesting though, when I go to System > About this Mac > More info... > System Report > Under Audio I see the Intel High Definition Audio. However, under System > Preferences > Audio the device is not available. A boomer.

Any help it is much appreciated. I'm turning back to Mavericks for a week or so until I get a good lead on this. :thumbdown:

I'm using DX58SO mother board , but mine on system report doest show any device

Thanks for the tools & guide Tony :headbang:
Had a waiting for root issue which was fixed by installing 3rd Party SATA kext but other then that all went smooth. One thing to add. I was a bit sceptic about installing of Yosemite, let alone performing my first upgrade (been doing fresh installs since 10.4) but it turned out to be as smooth as a clean install.

Thanks for providing us with updates on these great little tools (Multibeast and Unibeast) which makes this process a walk in the park.

Finally got the update working on my x68x-ud3h-b3 | i7 2600k | geforce gt 640

Was having severe issues with boot time, graphics lag, and kernel panics

I updated my BIOS from f12 to the latest UEFI from Gigabyte's website and then followed Tony's guide again, and so far, it looks like a flawless victory.

Was multibeast running really slow for you on F12 too?

I tried after I saw the reply that u gave me, and still gave me this IMG_0361.jpg

Worked like a charm. Had no problems at all. Did not have to modify anything before since i did not have any of those. So I just installed Yosemite over Mavericks from USB and ran MutliBeast with boot loader.

Thank you!!

Back