Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Plus
  4. Power Mac
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Now I'm ready to install Yosemite first by moving the target disk to ICH Port-0. Maybe these helps for USB-port vs Sata fail conflicts running on this thread.

Thanks to Tony and the community. For GA-X58-UD5 mobo I've add the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and <key>HDEFLayoutID</key <string>01000000</string> to USB Extra/Cham.Boot plist as well as with my DSDT. installed in 17 minutes Yosemite running like a charm.

Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i7 990x
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Seems to be a problem with the 10.10 Trim Patch ... Had to do the upgrade several times - by process of elimination, any time I enabled the trim patch via MultiBeast, the system would not boot. Also ALC892 does not work - as reported before.
-Dan

Motherboard
Z490 Designare
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Vega 64
I'm struggling here and can't make any sense of this...hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm attempting to upgrade my Mavericks 10.9.4 installation which was working flawlessly to Yosemite.
My specs:
Gigabyte Z77x-UD3H mobo
Intel i7 2600k
8GB Ram
4 HDD's, all non SSD (Win 7 OS, OSX OS, 2 USB 3.0 externals)

I was able to install Yosemite via the provided directions, everything worked perfectly except ethernet and HD3000 graphics. No combination of anything in Multibeast seemed to rectify these problems for me. HD3000 shows up, but with only 7MB no acceleration. Oddly, when I boot in safe mode from the USB, ethernet suddenly works but USB and sound stops working. I should also note, despite installing successfully, including Chameleon 4.0, it would never successfully boot from the HD, only via USB. When booting from the HD, would get to the login screen and after entering my password, would just sit there with the spinning beach ball. I restored my 10.9.4 from backup and tried again with the same results, regardless of various option sets used in Multibeast. I then also tried installing the HD3000 kexts that worked for me in Mavericks and those prevented me from being able to boot normally from the USB, safe mode only.

I got frustrated and was curious to see the results with a clean install, so I wiped the drive and started over which I ultimately don't want to do, but I was curious if I could solve the problem with a clean install and then apply it to my upgrade route. This time, it would successfully boot from the HD and I had 1080p resolution, but still no acceleration. Multibeast wouldn't fix this even on the clean install.

The most frustrating thing for me is it would seem other people with this mobo upgraded or installed fine. What gives? It seems the 2 main issues I need to solve is the HD3000 and being able to boot from the HD when I take the upgrade route. I'm not sure if the HD3000 issue is what's causing the failed boot from HDD. There has to be a way to fix this! Appreciate any and all help. :beachball:

EDIT:

PROBLEM SOLVED! I was mirroring the settings in Unibeast that worked for me in Mavericks, in addition to trying almost every other combo of potentially related settings coupled with Googling. Nothing worked. What finally did it for me, was using the Quick Start DSDT Free and adding the following options: Intel Graphics patch (Drivers/Graphics), ALXEthernet v1.0.2 (Drivers/Network), NullCPUPowerManagement + USB 3.0 Universal (Drivers/Misc), 1080p Display Mode, (Customize/Boot Options), Sandy Bridge Core i7 (Customize/SSDT Options), and this time I went with the standard Mac Pro system definition the quick start set instead of choosing the Mac Mini 5,1 which is what worked for me in Mavericks. Hope this helps someone!

-E

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asrock
CPU
Intel i5 7500
Graphics
RX580
Everything worked perfectly for me by following this guide! Many thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-OC Force
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte R9 280x OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
When i boot from SSD i have this error
"No /mach_kernel found" or something similar...
How can i fix it?

App store and iCloud aren't working now :( please someone help me

Gigabyte Z87x OC Force
i7 4790K
16GB RAM
Gigabyte R9 280x OC

EDIT: "Errors encountered while starting up the computer" "Pausing 5 seconds..." during the boot.
After that i have the login screen and this error when i log...

No solutions for my problem?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
After many issues, it all worked out ! But I admit that I dove into it a little to quickly and wasted a lot of time doing things that didn't prove to be helpful at all !

My gear :
Asus p8z77-v-lx
Core i5 3570K
Corsair VENGEANCE 2 x 4 Go DDR3 PC12800 CAS 9 LP
Intel 330 "Maple Crest" - 180 Go SSD Drive
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 - 1 Go

A little summary of problems met and how I solved them for those who share the same config :

• If you're already on maverick, upgrading works better than doing a Yosemite clean install with Time Machine document recovery. It takes A LOT longer and led to many bugs
  • After running the installer, remember to boot on the USB key, select the drive you installed / updated yosemite on, and boot with -x -v flags. normal boot on the drive will fail until you do the following steps :

1. run multibeast with easy beast, kext-dev-mode=1, Basic Options Boot, and untick UseKernelCache.
    for those who may be asking, audio driver is ALC887/Current and Ethernet is RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2.
  2. install bootloader to EFI partition following the guide linked at the bottom of the Install Yosemite guide. Remember to do this AFTER running multibeast or you won't install the proper bootloader. This caused me to have a "bootloader not supported" issue when booting from the drive. If you already did it and still have the bootloader not supported issue, repeat step 3 of the guide after reinstalling chimera 4 bootloader from multibeast.

• USB 3 fix : if not working, check /System/Library/Extensions to see if GenericUSBXHCI.kext has not returned. If it's there, remove it
  • missing mach kernel : I had no kernel flag, but still had the issue. Adding this
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <value>/Systems/Library/Kernels/Kernel</value>
    to org.chameleon.plist solved the issue
    Remember to change it in the /Users/use /Extra AND the EFI partition (type sudo mkdir /Volume/EFI && mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI to mount the EFI partition and edit the files)
  • Audio was not working, even after choosing the proper ALC887 Current audio driver from multibeast. I had to look for proper HDAEnabler1.kext and HDAEnabler2.kext from Toleda's ALC github repository, and install them with kextbeast (available from the download section of this forum). Repair permissions, reboot, and choose the right sound output from system preferences.
  • After doing all of the above and rebooting, remember to run disk utility to repair permissions

I think that's all. Everything runs smoothly that way, except for iMessage which seems to be unfixable with unibeast. If you want to try clover on this config, remember to boot the install USB drive with the option "with injected kext", otherwise it won't take you anywhere.

I hope this will be helpful to some people !

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H
CPU
Core I5
Graphics
Nvidia GT 740
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Everything went just fine for me , only problem is that now I can´t restart using the option in the apple menu. Now it stalls black and I have to press the reset button. I am a newbie on this, what can I check to make it work again ??

Motherboard
iMac 14.2
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Nvdia GeForce GTX 76070
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS