Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

I have a P8Z77-V PRO / Core™ i7-3770K / NVidia 780 TI

I installed Yosemite with Unibeast and Multibeast and had the same issues as some others:

1: Without "-f" bootup hangs. I have no kernel panic but a system freeze. Even the CAPS-LOCK led does not switch.

2: When booting with "-f" the system boots within 5 seconds to login screen. I do not understand this, because when booting with "-f -v" it takes a long time to load the uncached kexts. :crazy:

3: After Loading the typical kexts for my board (ALC892, AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0) I have Audio, Network, USB. And I have Bluetooth OOTB.

4: But I have the same problem as others: When I load USB 3.0 - Universal kext my USB 3.0 ports do not work.

By the way: The fonts now are very ugly for example in Mail without retina. :thumbdown:

Which boot flags did you use??

WORKING!!:thumbup::thumbup:
GA-G41MT-D3 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3/2,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
MY DSDT View attachment 107230 View attachment 107233
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250:NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1024 MB

Modelo de chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Tipo: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Ranura: Slot-1
Anchura de canal PCIe: x16
VRAM (total): 1024 MB
Fabricante: NVIDIA (0x10de)
ID del dispositivo: 0x0615
ID de la revisión: 0x00a2
Revisión de la ROM: 62.92.7D.00.19

Which boot flags did you use??

Download Unibeast 5.0.1 (released yesterday), make a new Unibeast USB installer, and reinstall the update. The mach_kernel problem has been fixed.

I started over with 5.0.1 unibeast. Install was smooth but I can't boot straight from HD. Its giving me an error can't find mach_kernel.
I can boot fine if i boot from unibeast USB drive.

I started over with 5.0.1 unibeast. Install was smooth but I can't boot straight from HD. Its giving me an error can't find mach_kernel.
I can boot fine if i boot from unibeast USB drive.

Did you follow the instructions for Multibeast?

5. Create a bootable USB using UniBeast 5
6. Boot from USB and install OS X Yosemite over your existing Mavericks installation
7. Reboot from the USB and choose your existing drive
8. Run MultiBeast 7 and select the following options, and any system-specific Audio and Network drivers.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast-mb-3.png

9. Reboot from drive into OS X Yosemite.

I have a P8Z77-V PRO / Core™ i7-3770K / NVidia 780 TI
I installed Yosemite with Unibeast and Multibeast and had the same issues as some others:
1: Without "-f" bootup hangs. I have no kernel panic but a system freeze. Even the CAPS-LOCK led does not switch.
2: When booting with "-f" the system boots within 5 seconds to login screen. I do not understand this, because when booting with "-f -v" it takes a long time to load the uncached kexts. :crazy:
3: After Loading the typical kexts for my board (ALC892, AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0) I have Audio, Network, USB. And I have Bluetooth OOTB.
4: But I have the same problem as others: When I load USB 3.0 - Universal kext my USB 3.0 ports do not work.
By the way: The fonts now are very ugly for example in Mail without retina. :thumbdown:

I had the same problem on P8P67. For USB 3.0 use Patched AppleUSBXHCI v705.4.4 (10.10 Beta) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/
add <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string> to org.chameleon.Boot.plist
reboot and then rebuild cache with sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

reboot with -v flag to see if there are any more problems

Did you follow the instructions for Multibeast?

5. Create a bootable USB using UniBeast 5
6. Boot from USB and install OS X Yosemite over your existing Mavericks installation
7. Reboot from the USB and choose your existing drive
8. Run MultiBeast 7 and select the following options, and any system-specific Audio and Network drivers.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast-mb-3.png

9. Reboot from drive into OS X Yosemite.

I am trying fresh install though.
6. Boot from USB and install OS X Yosemite over your existing Mavericks installation------------> Do i need to erase maverick drive or just install without erase.
Thanks for your help

Did the UniBeast 5.01 update fix issues 2, 3 and 4 at the beginning of this guide? Or just issue #4?

2. Remove /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib if present
3. Remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext if present
4. Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to remove the following 2 lines if present:

107204d1413557695-guide-update-os-x-mavericks-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast-screen-shot-2014-10-17-10.54.34-am.png

Last edited by a moderator:
See message #160

I am trying fresh install though.
6. Boot from USB and install OS X Yosemite over your existing Mavericks installation------------> Do i need to erase maverick drive or just install without erase.
Thanks for your help

I would try to install over Maverick, however, if this is somehow impossible, visit and read carefully this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

There you will find:

6. For a new installation of OS X, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing.
a. In the top menu bar choose Utilities, and open Disk Utility
b. Highlight your target hard drive for the Yosemite installation in left column.
c. Click Partition tab
d. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
e. Click Options...
f. Choose GUID Partition Method
g. Under Name: type Yosemite (You can rename it later)
h. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
i. Click Apply then Partition
j. Close Disk Utility

Good luck!

Back