Contribute
Register

Guide to Semi-Working Dell Inspiron 1525

Status
Not open for further replies.
The version I got from Apple is 10.8.4

So I am starting from scratch. I'm re-installing on my USB now, and I'll try to get it loaded. I tried to re-install last night, and I couldnt get it to install even with a -x O_O

Yeah, I think it's time to "step away from the computer young man". I'm having no luck. I can't even get the blasted thing to the install without flagging -x. I've re-installed the USB over and over and over.

So the usb isn't booting?

As a rule, don't try the same thing twice. And don't change too much at once. If the usb was working, then the usb isn't the problem.

We all know what you're going through. In the end you'll wish you had just saved up the money to buy a mac. Especially with this old machine we have.

The USB appears to be getting installed correctly. I'm doing
sudo rm -rf /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext
and
sudo cp -r /path/to/downloaded/folder/sle/IOPCIFamily.kext /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Extensions before the install completes. Unibeast completes successfully. BUT when I try to do the install on the laptop, it fails just like justincenteno99 has on post 22(except the screen is oriented right)

Ok, I have:
Copied - AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the OP's mlfiles to /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Installer
Deleted - /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext
Run after the install completed, but before ejecting the USB -
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Extensions

I tried to install and it failed, then I added the mlfiles/Extra to /Volumes/USB
Both times it filed the install at the same point in the screen shot

**Edit #2
I actually get the same error when I only load Unibeast and make no changes at all

Attachments

• IMG_20131001_195917.jpg
    IMG_20131001_195917.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 301
This a typo?
Should be /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Extensions/

maybe try deleting the old one first to make sure it's not just making a duplicate or something. Then own it afterwards.

Yep, it's a typo

Still no luck? It's complaining about that kext.

you can check permissions with
ls -l
or
ls -lr for recursive (maybe R)
so
ls -l /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Extensions/*
and make sure that kext has root:wheel in the details

I'll give it a try again tonight,
Thanks for all of you help with this Joe

There has got to be something with 10.8.4. I have had no luck with trying multiple combinations. Might take a look at getting a machine a bit more hackintosh friendly. Thanks for all of your help Joe

What about mavericks? Is that OS works on dell 1525? Did anyone try?

I don't understand this part:The Installer Log, when set to all, should show Phase 4 of 7 Starting. The reason it has to be done now is because I was unsuccessfully to get the usb to boot if I did the next step after UniBeast finished without using a different app to help. I have tried to manually take ownership and rebuild the kernelcache and I can't get it to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back