Contribute
Register

Guide to Semi-Working Dell Inspiron 1525

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if these kexts will also work for an inspiron 1545?

i have gotten 10.8.3 installed on my 1545 however i can't get any sound or graphics drivers installed. i also haven't tried wifi since i have a wireless usb dongle that i use for wifi since i had issues on 10.6.8 with wifi, so i have that taken care of.

i'm just wondering about the sound one mainly.

i also haven't found a way to boot from the drive without a panic. it only works for me now if i boot from the unibeast loader.

I'm STILL having issues trying to get this to load on my 1525. I have a ML Hackintosh installed on my desktop PC(which helps a lot); but I just can't get past the Unibeast 2.02 installation onto my USB. It fails over and over.
Can anyone assist? I'm pulling the last bit of hair I have, out

I'm STILL having issues trying to get this to load on my 1525. I have a ML Hackintosh installed on my desktop PC(which helps a lot); but I just can't get past the Unibeast 2.02 installation onto my USB. It fails over and over.
Can anyone assist? I'm pulling the last bit of hair I have, out

For trouble with Unibeast, read the sticky posts here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/

Thanks Rehabman. Got it to install on the USB, now the REAL fun starts.......getting past the kernel panics/errors/etc. Time for more research :s

I also couldn't get unibeast to work, for this or ML. I used xmove instead for both. How did you get unibeast to work?

I ended up having to re-download ML from Apple twice. Quite a pain in the a**. I can now get it installed, but I can only boot into safemode :(

EDIT*** After completing the installation a second time:
If I try to boot to the Hard drive, only run -v I get screen shot #1
If I try to boot to the Hard Drive, running -v -x I get screen shot #2
and If I try to boot back to the USB, Using -v -x I get shot #3

Kind of bummed, it's taken a ton of time just to get the blasted thing to load, only to get KP's ;(
Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2013-09-18 19.49.24.jpg
    2013-09-18 19.49.24.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
  • 2013-09-18 19.50.14.jpg
    2013-09-18 19.50.14.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 337
  • 2013-09-18 19.53.03.jpg
    2013-09-18 19.53.03.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 411
I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but it does appear that the version I got from the App store is 10.8.4, not 10.8.2 as the instructions lists in the OP. I've been able to get the OS installed, and I've copied all of the kexts that the OP mentions, but I have not installed Chimera yet. I think that was what was getting me some of the kp's. But, I'm still only able to boot using -v -x. If I try to boot out of Safemode, I get hit with a bunch of
"wait for system mapper", "backtrace*********"
Then:
AppleYukon2 - RomlessInit - getProperty failed
AppleYukon2 - RomlessInit - getProperty failed
and the system locks up.
I'm not sure where to turn next.....

Ok, well, I'll be honest. I'm not exactly sure why, but after trying over and over, reformatting my USB, the installation took. I can now boot without having to be in safe mode.

I followed the instructions over and over. The only thing I'm stopped at now is booting to ML from the disk drive. I get a CPU 1 had no hpet? I can still boot using the USB and not get the kp. Any thoughts?

Ok, well, I'll be honest. I'm not exactly sure why, but after trying over and over, reformatting my USB, the installation took. I can now boot without having to be in safe mode.

I followed the instructions over and over. The only thing I'm stopped at now is booting to ML from the disk drive. I get a CPU 1 had no hpet? I can still boot using the USB and not get the kp. Any thoughts?

You might need the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon. If you're getting Local APIC panic, that's what you need.

You might need the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon. If you're getting Local APIC panic, that's what you need.

Thanks so much for the input RehabMan. I'll give it a shot
Have my fingers crossed

Edit*****

No luck on that. I'll try to install again, and maybe try the new version of Chimera too when I get home this afternoon

No worries Joe,
I got long way into getting it installed, but things got borked and I had to start over. When I get home, I'll give your suggestions a shot. I've had no problems with the USB, at all. Honestly, I'm not dual booting, so a change in the MAC shouldn't cause me any issues
Thanks again for the info. I can't wait to get home and try again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back