Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

Sorry guys I'm still stuck. I unmount the drive ML is installed on in disk Utility and then enter the terminal and enter the following:-

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s3,

After I enter the above I receive the following message in the terminal dd: unknown operand of/dev/disk0s3.

Upon restarting I still get this:-

Loading Operating System …

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error

Should I remount the drive that mountain Lion is installed on in disk utility before restarting my laptop?

Thanks for your help to date

Hi all, I have an issue I am hoping you can help me out with.

ProBook 4440s
i5-2520m
4GB RAM
oem screen
500GB SATA HD

I tried several times to install ML and had to use the recommend boot flags in order to get to the installer.

Here is my problem. I get to the installer (choose your language) and the only thing I can do is move the static (not spinning) beach ball around on the screen. Cannot click anything, tried a usb mouse with same results. KB is non responsive. Has anyone had this issue? I've seen others with issues that have the beach ball but a blank gray screen. Mine however gets to the installer but cant go any further.

Thank you

Randy

I

Hi all, I have an issue I am hoping you can help me out with.

ProBook 4440s
i5-2520m
4GB RAM
oem screen
500GB SATA HD

I tried several times to install ML and had to use the recommend boot flags in order to get to the installer.

Here is my problem. I get to the installer (choose your language) and the only thing I can do is move the static (not spinning) beach ball around on the screen. Cannot click anything, tried a usb mouse with same results. KB is non responsive. Has anyone had this issue? I've seen others with issues that have the beach ball but a blank gray screen. Mine however gets to the installer but cant go any further.

Thank you

Randy

I

Boot flags:
IGPlatformID=01660003 -v

*****UPDATE: Installer started after a long wait with the static beach ball at first screen of installer. I left my desk for about 30+ min and when I returned the ProBook seemed like it was asleep (power button blinking (screen off) and pressed the power button and the installer was still up and the beach balled had turned into a cursor arrow. I clicked the arrow to confirm language and the installer continued :thumbup::clap:. Now lets see what happens once the installer finishes. Again, THANK YOU RehabMan for all your efforts to assist all of us here!! ******

Thanks RehabMan for getting back to me. This is my first laptop. I have had success with my DH67BL sandy bridge build (I think its almost the same build as yours)

I tried your suggested BF and I get this hang attached.

I did not change out my Wifi yet being that having Wifi at this point isn't really a necessity for me (I just want to get this install working. Should I remove it if I don't plan on replacing it yet?

Any thoughts on this hang?

Thanks again for help.. and thank you for your instructions on the DH67 build.. it came in quite handy when doing my install on my desktop.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    815 KB · Views: 134
Hi,

I followed each step in the guide and installed 10.8.5 on my HP Probook 4440s. after all the steps when I try to boot MAC OS it stuck on the following screen
20140902_012958.jpg

Hi,

I followed each step in the guide and installed 10.8.5 on my HP Probook 4440s. after all the steps when I try to boot MAC OS it stuck on the following screen
View attachment 103177

If you followed the guide, why are you still providing boot flags specific to Chimera... The Probook Installer installs Chameleon, not Chimera.

Make sure you have the correct smbios active before generating SSDT.

Let me guess... you're using Google Chrome. Problem appears to be specific to Chrome's handling of Flash.

Ha. But I'm using Logic Pro and watching videos in Safari and I have the same problem with sound: "it starts to gradually get all distorted after a few minutes and it gets worse.". It happens when I plug external speakers into headphones input.

Ha. But I'm using Logic Pro and watching videos in Safari and I have the same problem with sound: "it starts to gradually get all distorted after a few minutes and it gets worse."

What hardware?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Back