Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

Im gonna use the hackintosh for mostly school but how well do you think minecraft would run with HD 4000 and a i5?

Hi there,

Everything seems to work fine up until step 12. once I select the partition you just installed Mountain Lion on and type the boot flag code (as in step 7) and press enter the screen goes grey with the Apple logo loading screen.

After this point it stays on this screen for ages and does do anything else. Is this meant to happen and if so how long does it take to complete the progress?

If this shouldn't be happening can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi there,

Everything seems to work fine up until step 12. once I select the partition you just installed Mountain Lion on and type the boot flag code (as in step 7) and press enter the screen goes grey with the Apple logo loading screen.

After this point it stays on this screen for ages and does do anything else. Is this meant to happen and if so how long does it take to complete the progress?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I have now updated my profile with the following information:-

System: Intel Core HP Probook 4540s
CPU: Core i5-3230M
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

How do I proceed now?

Thanks again

Hi there,

Use bootflags:
IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v

Once I run ProBook Installer and restart the system I get the following error message:-

boot0: GPT

boot0: test
boot0: error

Please advise.

Again thanks for your help to date
:thumbup:

Once I run ProBook Installer and restart the system I get the following error message:-

boot0: error

Please advise.

Again thanks for your help to date
:thumbup:

Read step #15, post #1.

Boot back into your cd/USB of OS X Installer, then click "Utilities" then "Terminal"

Once Terminal launches, follow these instructions:

In Terminal, type diskutil list

Now look for the hard drive + partition you installed OS X to, copy the "IDENTIFIER" key. E.g "disk0s2"

At this point, make sure you have your OS X installer USB connected.

Now in Terminal, type dd if=/Volumes/<USB NAME>/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/<IDENTIFIER>

E.g: dd if=/Volumes/UniBeast/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2

NOTE: If your USB has a space in it, for example "Uni Beast" type it like "/Volumes/Uni\ Beast/usr/"Now press enter. You should get a message like:
2+0 records in
2+0 records out

After that, exit Terminal and restart your PC, boot into your HDD (Not USB) and you should go to the boot loader without that error.

Boot back into your cd/USB of OS X Installer, then click "Utilities" then "Terminal"

Once Terminal launches, follow these instructions:

In Terminal, type diskutil list

Now look for the hard drive + partition you installed OS X to, copy the "IDENTIFIER" key. E.g "disk0s2"

At this point, make sure you have your OS X installer USB connected.

Now in Terminal, type dd if=/Volumes/<USB NAME>/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/<IDENTIFIER>

E.g: dd if=/Volumes/UniBeast/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2

NOTE: If your USB has a space in it, for example "Uni Beast" type it like "/Volumes/Uni\ Beast/usr/"Now press enter. You should get a message like:
2+0 records in
2+0 records out

After that, exit Terminal and restart your PC, boot into your HDD (Not USB) and you should go to the boot loader without that error.

Won't work. You failed to mention the requirement to unmount the target partition via Disk Utility.

This is completely covered by the guide linked in post #1, step 15.

Back