Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

It should be ok as long as you run the ProBook Installer to get "OS X support kexts" for your model of ProBook after doing the update.

I installed the Security Update 2014-001 (Mountain Lion) and the rest of the updates such as to Safari and iTunes and then I ran the ProBook Installer with the relevant "OS X support kexts" checked for my ProBook and everything seems fine so far. Interesting enough this latest 'Security Update' did not show up for me via the 'Software Update' feature built in the OS. I had to 'hunt down' for it manually.

Also periodically I do a complete back up via SuperDuper program. Great tool indeed provided you remember to do a complete back of your OS when you before you do another major/important software update (good insurance policy!).

Thanks again to the team in this site. You all are to be commended for your services!!!

yes i selected laptop support after about 25 mins i got keyboard & cursor back completed the install completed the probook installer shutdown remove usb & restart . it sees my installation but all I get is a white screen then goes black after after 5min i booted in "ignore caches" but still wont boot all the way

How did you get the trackpad working at this point?

- - - Updated - - -

How did you get the trackpad working at this point?

- - - Updated - - -

If your trackpad is not working during installation, use a USB mouse.

Correct it's not working. I tried a mouse already in all other USB ports and no dice.

Correct it's not working. I tried a mouse already in all other USB ports and no dice.

Make sure you created your USB correctly. Do not select "Legacy USB"... USB should work provided you used the latest Unibeast to create it.

Hi rehabman I would like to find out something..I have a probook 4440s with the intel pentium processor and intel hd grpahics..I know it is not compatible but out of boredom I just decided to try it anyway using your unibeast steps..I was able to reach the installer and get it installed and also boot only with the aid of the usb unibeasts installer by using PCIROOT and GRaphicis EN=No ..The probook gives me an error during installation...My question is if i upgrade the cpu to a compatible core i3 with intel hd 3000 and i do over everything from scratch and follow your guide to a T u think i might be more successful? This information would be very much appreciated..thanks.

Hi rehabman I would like to find out something..I have a probook 4440s with the intel pentium processor and intel hd grpahics..I know it is not compatible but out of boredom I just decided to try it anyway using your unibeast steps..I was able to reach the installer and get it installed and also boot only with the aid of the usb unibeasts installer by using PCIROOT and GRaphicis EN=No ..The probook gives me an error during installation...My question is if i upgrade the cpu to a compatible core i3 with intel hd 3000 and i do over everything from scratch and follow your guide to a T u think i might be more successful? This information would be very much appreciated..thanks.

A Sandy Core i3 would work, but I would recommend upgrading to an Ivy Core i3.

I am really glad to hear this..cause i am now double checking and i notice that the ivy-bridge and sandy-bridge has the same G2 socket as mobile processors..But could u tell me why u would prefer the ivy-bridge?Is it because of the Intel HD4000..Cause the Sandy-bridge I was gonna buy comes with an Intel HD3000...Kinda curious because the Ivy-Bridge are a lot more expensive when i check them out on ebay at least for used..

I am really glad to hear this..cause i am now double checking and i notice that the ivy-bridge and sandy-bridge has the same G2 socket as mobile processors..But could u tell me why u would prefer the ivy-bridge?Is it because of the Intel HD4000..Cause the Sandy-bridge I was gonna buy comes with an Intel HD3000...Kinda curious because the Ivy-Bridge are a lot more expensive when i check them out on ebay at least for used..

Ivy on 7-series is less complex to install OS X (than Sandy on 7-series). And you'll get better performance/reliability with HD4000.

ok i would take your word for it..but do u know if i would be able to get a core i3 ivy-bridge for this labtop?

Back