Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Hi everybody, thanks for this great job, the installing process was very quickly and easy to fix on my HP ProBook 4540s.
Just few small issue, like:
1. Bluetooth can't pair with other devices and can't be seen from others
2. WIFI, has ordered a new
3. FaceTime wont work
Thanks again.

Hi Rehabman. Long time. Today I got a 450 G1. I have my Mavericks installation USB Drive that I created with UinBeast for my 4530 I3 which works great. When I try to Install I get the Apple screen for a 10th of a second and then the computer reboots. I tried all of the GraphicsEnabler options and IGPlatform 3 and 4 as well as -r -v -f and cant seem to get past step 1.

Any suggestions?

Summary
Screen Size 15.6 inches
Screen Resolution 1366 x 768
Max Screen Resolution 1366 x 768
RAM 8 GB SDRAM DDR3
Hard Drive 750 GB
Wireless Type 802.11bgn
Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2
Average Battery Life (in hours) 5 hours
Expand
Other Technical Details
Brand Name HP
Series ProBook 4540s
Item model number 4540S
Operating System Windows 7 Professional
Item Weight 5.4 pounds
Item Dimensions L x W x H 14.76 x 10.09 x 1.13 inches
Processor Brand Intel Core I7
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA
Power Source AC

Perhaps I need to create a new installer with unibeast 4.02. I will try that I just saw a note on that.

Did not work!

Followed the instructions for Clover, but struggling. No longer getting the reboot on the Apple Logo screen, but now it just freezes. Can't get past the UUID line.

went to bed last night with the Apple Logo on the screen and woke up to the logo still on the screen.

Any suggestions?

450 G1
HD 4000

Followed the instructions for Clover, but struggling. No longer getting the reboot on the Apple Logo screen, but now it just freezes. Can't get past the UUID line.

went to bed last night with the Apple Logo on the screen and woke up to the logo still on the screen.

Any suggestions?

450 G1
HD 4000

Post in the Clover thread. Make sure you're following the instructions exactly and carefully.

Any suggestions?

450 G1
HD 4000

From your input 450 G1 and HD4000, I doubt you REALLY KNOW YOUR OWN LAPTOP.

I suggest you stay on Windows and learn your hardware first.

Back