Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Wow man, it seems the EC reset did the trick! :thumbup:

I've lost my dock but the graphic seems to work pretty well!

Edit: enabled/disabled the automatic dock-hide and it re-appears!

I love you man :D:D

Just to try to tune-in the installation, is it possible to make the keyboard fully functional?
In this moment I'm not able to type the "at" (I need to use the Alt Gr key) and I'm not able to use the "Win" key as the "Cmd" key.
My keyboard has the italian layout.
Is there a way to achieve this?

The Command key is on Alt, Option is on Win, as per physical layout of actual Mac keyboards. You can change it in SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Modifier Keys" if you want something other than Mac standard layout.

You can use Ukelele to create custom layouts. I think someone may have already created a custom Ita layout in the ProBook Installer. Look in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources.

The Command key is on Alt, Option is on Win, as per physical layout of actual Mac keyboards. You can change it in SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Modifier Keys" if you want something other than Mac standard layout.

You can use Ukelele to create custom layouts. I think someone may have already created a custom Ita layout in the ProBook Installer. Look in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources.

Thank you very much, really appreciate.

Dear rehabman,
hope all is well
is there any news about 10.9.4 update

I've an Atheros 9285 but if I turn on WiFi I see no available network.
How could I make it work? I see the WiFi device and I can turn it on and off but I see no network and if I try to add the network manually, it doesn't work.

I've stock IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext

Edit

I dunno the reason but... now it works :crazy:

I just wanted to add HUGE thanks to RehabMan for the guide here.

I bought a 6360b off ebay, got Mavericks working on it within 40 mins, received a wifi card mentioned somewhere in this thread the next day and I was set for the 2 week trip I needed a portable mac for!!

Everything works perfectly

Best guide EVER!

:clap:

bigRED

Hi RehabMan,

Would you, please, help with this?

I have downloaded the latest > Unibeast 4.0.2 and Mavericks 10.9.4, formatted the usb stick as required and followed the Unibeast install from this page
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I set it on USB, Mavericks, Laptop support with all circles blue selected

Problem is after half an hour I still got stuck into last stage, Installation, with reading Copying Files... in a box and the progress bar at 1/4 th of its full length.

Thank you

Hi RehabMan,

Would you, please, help with this?

I have downloaded the latest > Unibeast 4.0.2 and Mavericks 10.9.4, formatted the usb stick as required and followed the Unibeast install from this page
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I set it on USB, Mavericks, Laptop support with all circles blue selected

Problem is after half an hour I still got stuck into last stage, Installation, with reading Copying Files... in a box and the progress bar at 1/4 th of its full length.

Thank you

What do you mean by "with all circles blue selected"?

Make sure you DO NOT select "Legacy USB"...

Hi RehabMan,

First, thank you for your prompt answer. You know, in the Unibeast 4.0.2 now you check some round icons - USB, different OS Xs, Laptop support, etc. When checked, they display a blue background along with the illustration. That's what I meant when telling all circles blue selected (all icons on). As you said I didn't select Legacy USB. Problem was the computer was lazy. I tried again and it worked fine after 40 mins.

One thing though. When dealing with that boot0 error - after typing "dd if=/usr/... " and pressing enter, terminal displays a time. My first time was 3.7 sec. I relaunched terminal, repeated step and it showed 0.002 sec, way faster. Does this influence the install - faster boots, etc?

Thanks a lot

Back