Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Thank you for help that fixed Brightness but I still have sound issue even after DSDT re-patch. I generated ioreg again, could you watch it again?

my new ioreg : View attachment 98961

I appreciate your help.

What sound issue? According to ioreg, audio is working.

What sound issue? According to ioreg, audio is working.

While I'm watching video on Google Chrome, sound suddenly crackling until no sound. That infects all mac not only Chrome app because even on Spotify music still playing but sound is dead. :confused:

While I'm watching video on Google Chrome, sound suddenly crackling until no sound. That infects all mac not only Chrome app because even on Spotify music still playing but sound is dead. :confused:

Chrome problem. Try different browser...

Just wanted to say thanks!

Just bought a second hand HP Probook 6570b (intel i5 3210m) and upgraded the HDD to a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and added 4 GB of ram. Used the Unibeast 4.0 installer and the HP Probook Installer and it works like a charm!! Only the Wifi was bothering me because it was not working.

Searched for a suitable solution and found it with the Azurewave AW-CE123H 802.11ac/nbg WiFi+BT Broadcom BCM4352 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 module ($ 50 on ebay). Plugged it in, and OSX even recognised it!

So, i now have a full working 6570b Macbook :). Thanks for the excellent writeup and the installers!

Hi
Would appreciate some guidance please, Im installing on an i5 sandy bridge 4530s but am unable to boot from the usb.
Firstly Ive been into bios and I cant see any options to disable or make changes to the graphics
But I have -

in boot options-
enabled uefi boot mode

in device configurations -
enabled usb legacy support
disabled wake on usb
disabled virtualization technology
(should disabling ht make any difference??)

in built in device options-
disabled wake on lan

When I try to boot from usb I get 4 short lines of text and it hangs on the flashing cursor....

Hi
Would appreciate some guidance please, Im installing on an i5 sandy bridge 4530s but am unable to boot from the usb.
Firstly Ive been into bios and I cant see any options to disable or make changes to the graphics
But I have -

in boot options-
enabled uefi boot mode

in device configurations -
enabled usb legacy support
disabled wake on usb
disabled virtualization technology
(should disabling ht make any difference??)

in built in device options-
disabled wake on lan

When I try to boot from usb I get 4 short lines of text and it hangs on the flashing cursor....

Update BIOS if you have an old version. Set BIOS to defaults. Try other USB ports. Post a photo of what you see.

It sounds as if your USB is not created correctly or ... Did you use the latest Unibeast4 to create it?

Thanks for the suggestions
I think it is something to do with the usb.

I believe Im running the latest bios -68srr ver f.40 - 03/12/13

I bought a new 8gb usb stick and downloaded a fresh copy of unibeast 4.0.2. and 10.9.4. When I tried it it did exactly the same as before.

Theres nothing to take a photo of onscreen apart from a single cursor in the top left hand corner. If I use the front right usb it turns a quarter( / ). If I use any other it just lays horizontal(-).
The message that comes up is gone too quick to read.

So just to see if it would boot from a different usb I put in an old usb formatted for netbook installation and it loaded for 20 seconds until a message came up saying it didnt recognise the chipset.

I formatted the usb carefully as per instructions on the guide here. Im formatting it on a mb air running 10.9.4. Im perhaps clutching at straws but Ive tried a kingston and sandisk usb, do branded usb's make a difference? I shall try another install and delete over my netbook usb.

Thanks for the suggestions
I think it is something to do with the usb.

I believe Im running the latest bios -68srr ver f.40 - 03/12/13

I bought a new 8gb usb stick and downloaded a fresh copy of unibeast 4.0.2. and 10.9.4. When I tried it it did exactly the same as before.

Theres nothing to take a photo of onscreen apart from a single cursor in the top left hand corner. If I use the front right usb it turns a quarter( / ). If I use any other it just lays horizontal(-).
The message that comes up is gone too quick to read.

So just to see if it would boot from a different usb I put in an old usb formatted for netbook installation and it loaded for 20 seconds until a message came up saying it didnt recognise the chipset.

I formatted the usb carefully as per instructions on the guide here. Im formatting it on a mb air running 10.9.4. Im perhaps clutching at straws but Ive tried a kingston and sandisk usb, do branded usb's make a difference? I shall try another install and delete over my netbook usb.

Make sure you have all external devices disconnected.

Hi all,

I recently posted in the ML install guide but decided to try 10.9 instead. I have sucessfully installed 10.9 on my Probook 4440s. Heres my experience:

ProBook 4440s
i5 2520m (Sandy Bridge CPU)
Low Res screen (oem)
4GB RAM
SATA Hard Drive

I did not need to use any flags to get into the installer
(Followed the guide for BIOS prep)

Upon restart I found that I couldnt get 10.9 to boot (spinning wheel not beach ball).
The flags I used that sucessfully let me boot into the setup my mac portion (post installation) was:

PCIRootID=0 -x -v -f

Used the Probook installer and all went well.... except that I noticed that I 2 issues and if I read correctly its probably related.

The only USB port that is actually working is the FR port. All others do not function. Also my camera does not work either (Tried in Photobooth and Facetime) I did download the app "CamWiz" and then it loads the camera within Facetime. The Camera freezes after about 10 seconds.

Is the camera issue related to my USB issue? Does anyone have work around or possibly a fix for this? It seems like the kexts did not load for my USB ports. I think it was ReHabMan that mention that the FR USB port is on its own ribbon. This might explain why only that one works right now.

The kext showing for USB High-Speed Bus is AppleUSBEHCI

To honest the camera function doesnt really bother me all that much but its the lack of USB ports that does. Anyone?

I

Thank you

Randy

Back