Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Hi all,

I recently posted in the ML install guide but decided to try 10.9 instead. I have sucessfully installed 10.9 on my Probook 4440s. Heres my experience:

ProBook 4440s
i5 2520m (Sandy Bridge CPU)
Low Res screen (oem)
4GB RAM
SATA Hard Drive

I did not need to use any flags to get into the installer
(Followed the guide for BIOS prep)

Upon restart I found that I couldnt get 10.9 to boot (spinning wheel not beach ball).
The flags I used that sucessfully let me boot into the setup my mac portion (post installation) was:

PCIRootID=0 -x -v -f

Used the Probook installer and all went well.... except that I noticed that I 2 issues and if I read correctly its probably related.

The only USB port that is actually working is the FR port. All others do not function. Also my camera does not work either (Tried in Photobooth and Facetime) I did download the app "CamWiz" and then it loads the camera within Facetime. The Camera freezes after about 10 seconds.

Is the camera issue related to my USB issue? Does anyone have work around or possibly a fix for this? It seems like the kexts did not load for my USB ports. I think it was ReHabMan that mention that the FR USB port is on its own ribbon. This might explain why only that one works right now.

The kext showing for USB High-Speed Bus is AppleUSBEHCI

To honest the camera function doesnt really bother me all that much but its the lack of USB ports that does. Anyone?

I

Thank you

Randy

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Thanks ReHabMan.

Here is the attached ioreg

You should probably follow the guide more carefully. I didn't check everything (because one thing wrong is enough to question everything), but clearly MacBookPro8,1 is incorrect for your laptop.

You should probably follow the guide more carefully. I didn't check everything (because one thing wrong is enough to question everything), but clearly MacBookPro8,1 is incorrect for your laptop.

I did skim through some of the guide but only the items that I felt did not apply to me (i.e instructions when using an upgraded screen, SSD, etc.)

The reason I chose 8,1 was because the definitions description applied to my Probook:

"Select this definition, if you have i3 or i5 Sandy Bridge CPU.

System definition: MacBookPro8,1 - Core i5 (2435M) 2.40 GHz"

My Probook is the 4440s (with a Sandy Bridge i5 2520m)

Should I have chosen the 9,1 (pertaining to the Ivy Bridge CPU)?

Everything else is working on my Probook except the VGA (but I've read that it can be tricky) USB ports stated and Camera.

Im sorry ReHabMan, I don't want to seem like one of those posters that doesn't read postings before asking for help, but I'll go back and see if I missed something in the guide that might guide me in the direction I need to be in to get this working.

Thank you very much for looking to it and all your help thus far. I really appreciate it and Im sure Im just one of many.

Randy

I did skim through some of the guide but only the items that I felt did not apply to me (i.e instructions when using an upgraded screen, SSD, etc.)

The reason I chose 8,1 was because the definitions description applied to my Probook:

"Select this definition, if you have i3 or i5 Sandy Bridge CPU.

System definition: MacBookPro8,1 - Core i5 (2435M) 2.40 GHz"

My Probook is the 4440s (with a Sandy Bridge i5 2520m)

Should I have chosen the 9,1 (pertaining to the Ivy Bridge CPU)?

Everything else is working on my Probook except the VGA (but I've read that it can be tricky) USB ports stated and Camera.

Im sorry ReHabMan, I don't want to seem like one of those posters that doesn't read postings before asking for help, but I'll go back and see if I missed something in the guide that might guide me in the direction I need to be in to get this working.

Thank you very much for looking to it and all your help thus far. I really appreciate it and Im sure Im just one of many.

Randy

My bad. Didn't realize you have Sandy on 7-series... Thought you had Ivy 4x40s.

You should double check your DSDT was patched with the current ProBook Installer.

Hi,

I try this with a 6570b but after HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (6.1.13r3)
the computer stay block on boot on hp logo and nothing happen.

Then i reboot with the usb key and computer stay with apple logo startung unending

Note that i have not flash the bios. Is it forced to do it ?

Have you an idea to solve my problem and finalize my hack

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I try this with a 6570b but after HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (6.1.13r3)
the computer stay block on boot on hp logo and nothing happen.

Then i reboot with the usb key and computer stay with apple logo startung unending

Note that i have not flash the bios. Is it forced to do it ?

Have you an idea to solve my problem and finalize my hack

Thanks in advance

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Below my config. I retry today and i check 4 checkbox in PB Installer 6.1.13r3 :

1/ OSX support kexts
2/ DSDT generator
3/ Display type / low
4/ System definition / i3 Ivy

now i have sound, ethernet but no wifi and computer no boot automatically so i needed to boot with usb.

What can i do next ? thanks in advance.

System : ProBook 6570b
CPU : Mobile DualCore Intel Core i3-3120M, 2400 MHz (24 x 100)
Graphics : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Other Hardware :
Motherboard chipset : ChipsetIntel : Panther Point HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge
Audio : IDT 92HD81B1X @ Intel Panther Point PCH
Network : Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit & Qualcomm Atheros AR9485

Below my config. I retry today and i check 4 checkbox in PB Installer 6.1.13r3 :

1/ OSX support kexts
2/ DSDT generator
3/ Display type / low
4/ System definition / i3 Ivy

now i have sound, ethernet but no wifi and computer no boot automatically so i needed to boot with usb.

What can i do next ? thanks in advance.

System : ProBook 6570b
CPU : Mobile DualCore Intel Core i3-3120M, 2400 MHz (24 x 100)
Graphics : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Other Hardware :
Motherboard chipset : ChipsetIntel : Panther Point HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge
Audio : IDT 92HD81B1X @ Intel Panther Point PCH
Network : Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit & Qualcomm Atheros AR9485

You need to check the box for the BootLoader

- Chameleon: This allows you to boot from your main HDD/SSD

Also Wifi Card needs to be a compatible card most likely, if not definitely, will need to be swapped out

See Link - http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77058-faq-mountain-lion-hp-probook-14.html

Randy

I have been looking but couldn't find an answer....
I have an HP proBook 4530s and have been using it with Mavericks and the HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (6.1.13r3), which hasn't been updated in a while, so was wondering is there now an up-to-date installer somewhere, or an up-to-date guide please, as this forum post is extremely long and wanted to include the latest MultiBeast 6.4 stuff.

Kind regards.

Back