Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Thanks for the speedy reply,

I attached a pic of where it stopped...

What is AVVideoCard? Does your laptop have Radeon? If so, did you disable it in BIOS?

It does have the Radeon, and it is disabled

It does have the Radeon, and it is disabled

You may have to do a fresh install or patch DSDT manually. I've never seen AVVideoCard in a log, so I'm guessing it is 3rd party software you installed that may be interfering.

You may have to do a fresh install or patch DSDT manually. I've never seen AVVideoCard in a log, so I'm guessing it is 3rd party software you installed that may be interfering.

I tracked down the app that caused the AVVideoCard line, and removed the app and associated kexts. But still came to a halt while booting. I've attached a new photo.

Is there a guide on how to manually patch a DSDT for the screen brightness? Because unfortunately a fresh install is not an option for me at the moment.

thanks

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 77
I tracked down the app that caused the AVVideoCard line, and removed the app and associated kexts. But still came to a halt while booting. I've attached a new photo.

Is there a guide on how to manually patch a DSDT for the screen brightness? Because unfortunately a fresh install is not an option for me at the moment.

thanks

Try plugging in an HDMI monitor.

Is it possible you do not have Chimera installed to your USB? Or that you are not using the USB to boot?

Try plugging in an HDMI monitor.

Is it possible you do not have Chimera installed to your USB? Or that you are not using the USB to boot?

It's installed and I am booting from the USB, but it's booting different than it did the first time I booted from it after the update.

It's installed and I am booting from the USB, but it's booting different than it did the first time I booted from it after the update.

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

When I first booted from the USB right after the update, the wifi and other things were off, but after that it booted from the USB as if it was booting from the HDD.

When I first booted from the USB right after the update, the wifi and other things were off, but after that it booted from the USB as if it was booting from the HDD.

What do you man "as if it was booting from the HDD"? Booting from the USB is somewhat like booting from HDD when using a DSDT, and depending on boot flags... (eg. you'll be using NullCPU* from the USB and smbios.plist from the USB).

Did you try an external HDMI monitor yet?

You are probably going to need a fresh install, or patch DSDT manually and see what happens.

Thanks for this guide, works almost perfectly! I just don't have brightness (keys work but do nothing) and sometimes on Chrome while I'm watching video or listening music, sound suddenly cracking or stop to works. I don't understand where problem comes from :|

I already edited Midi controller, sound comes back but disappears 5min after.

Back