Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

I think I've tried every possible combination in the bios, it still does not show the bootloader screen o_O
I changed my USB key, nothing.
I've tried every usb port, nothing.
I really do not know what to do...

On what hardware did you create your Unibeast installer?

Do you have similar difficulty booting other legacy USB installers (Windows, Ubuntu, etc)?

On what hardware did you create your Unibeast installer?

Do you have similar difficulty booting other legacy USB installers (Windows, Ubuntu, etc)?

absolutely not! Boot worked perfectly for both windows and for linux

I created my UniBeast installer on another hackintosh,it is an Intel Core i7 with OSX 10.6.8

absolutely not! Boot worked perfectly for both windows and for linux

I created my UniBeast installer on another hackintosh,it is an Intel Core i7 with OSX 10.6.8

I'm out of ideas for you... Except that you could try Clover.

I'm out of ideas for you... Except that you could try Clover.

I found out what was the problem by making several attempts.
I tried to remove the internal HD and then i tried to boot from usb stick and it works, i finally see the bootloader screen.
Now should i change HD? or this one is ok and i just need to erase it?
I am attaching here a picture of HD

Attachments

• HD demmerda.jpg
    HD demmerda.jpg
    685.2 KB · Views: 87
I see nothing unusual there. Cleaning it off completely is worth a try.

I see nothing unusual there. Cleaning it off completely is worth a try.

hello, I'm writing from my new hackintosh! Yes, I confirm, the problem was the HD, after formatting everything was fine, now it all works.
thanks again for your support and your kindness. :mrgreen:

wake up issue, i used to able to wake the probook, by clicking the mouse or just open the lid. now i have to push the power button to wake the pro book. i didn't change any setting that i know of...

Hi There,

Just used the guide to update my 4530s from 10.8.3 to 10.9.4. Almost everything working perfectly except screen brightness.

I think I need to re-patch my DSDT, but the problem is, I can't boot without DSDT in the Extra folder. It gets stuck during boot up.

I tried with -x -f and even tried booting off installation USB drive, same problem.

Any ideas?

THanks

Ric

Hi There,

Just used the guide to update my 4530s from 10.8.3 to 10.9.4. Almost everything working perfectly except screen brightness.

I think I need to re-patch my DSDT, but the problem is, I can't boot without DSDT in the Extra folder. It gets stuck during boot up.

I tried with -x -f and even tried booting off installation USB drive, same problem.

Any ideas?

THanks

Ric

I'm assuming you have NOT upgraded your screen to 1080p (you'd have to do more in that case)...

Boot your 10.9.4 HDD partition using 10.9.4 Unibeast USB.

Boot with flags:
DSDT=null IGPlatformID=00010000 -f -v

Post photo of where it stops if it doesn't work...

I'm assuming you have NOT upgraded your screen to 1080p (you'd have to do more in that case)...

Boot your 10.9.4 HDD partition using 10.9.4 Unibeast USB.

Boot with flags:
DSDT=null IGPlatformID=00010000 -f -v

Post photo of where it stops if it doesn't work...

Thanks for the speedy reply,

I attached a pic of where it stopped...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 74
Back