Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

you "lol" now, but you'll be signing autographs soon...

Then you'll forget about us small fish out here, flying round in your private jet..

Totally agree,

If i meet RehabMan, i will probably ask him to signe me an autographe or take a picture with him and then make you all jealous :p:p:p

Hi,
i hope i don't post newbie question.

My pc is an
- HP ProBook 450 G2
- 8GB ram
- 64bit
- dual graphic card Intel HD e AMD Radeon R5 M255
- resoluzion 1366x768.

My questions are:
- what config.pslit i must use for first installation?
- i'm trying to install all the config.pslit listed in your link but after i confirmed Yosemite Installation pc reboots.

Thank you for any help!

Lewix

Hi,
i hope i don't post newbie question.

My pc is an
- HP ProBook 450 G2
- 8GB ram
- 64bit
- dual graphic card Intel HD e AMD Radeon R5 M255
- resoluzion 1366x768.

My questions are:
- what config.pslit i must use for first installation?
- i'm trying to install all the config.pslit listed in your link but after i confirmed Yosemite Installation pc reboots.

Thank you for any help!

Lewix

You have HD4600 or HD4400. Use appropriate config.plist.

If you're getting a reboot, most likely you didn't copy config.plist correctly.

Follow post #1 very carefully.

Hi.

I have OS X 10.10.2 on a single partitioned SSD. Is it possible to install Windows UEFI on the same drive without a new partition and the deleting of OS X? (In Clover) HP Elitebook 8470p

Hi.

I have OS X 10.10.2 on a single partitioned SSD. Is it possible to install Windows UEFI on the same drive without a new partition and the deleting of OS X? (In Clover) HP Elitebook 8470p

You cannot install Windows to the same partition as where you have Yosemite (that much seems obvious). You will need to create a second partition to accommodate Windows. There is no need to delete Yosemite in order to create the required partition. Read post #1.

Hello again :)
Some times ago (after successfully installed OS X 10.10.2) i tried to install Windows UEFI on my laptop, but faced with some troubles.
I write here 2 times:
1 -- post #2375 (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...te-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-238.html#post972201)
2 -- post #2692 (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...te-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-270.html#post986018)
I tried a lot of things: original windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10(TP) ISOs downloaded from msdn; various action sequences with driver partitions; install windows first on a clean drive and etc. (tried all that I could find on the Internet) -- but every time I got the same result -- "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed".
I found a lot of solution for CSM-enabled UEFI. But this option
unavailable in 6-series laptops like my 4530s.
So I got a question: Is it possible to dualboot OS X and windows on 6-series laptops? If yes, what I should do? It's time when I really need windows-based soft for education process, but also need OS X based soft for development :|

Back