Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Good day all,

I think you may be right as well with the mislabel or the no label at all on the wifi. I took everything apart again and double checked and from assumption it is more then likely a broadcom. Oddly enough, I took it out and put it in the 840 and did a reinstall, and I have no wifi, so I am at a WTF stage now. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong on the reinstall for this driver but I know it did choose broadcom. Only thing I can think of is to rerun clover and do athos instead of broadcom.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best AC/N wifi compatible card and best place to get it from.

Thanks all....

You should post ioreg and/or troubleshooting files on your 8470p and 840 with Broadcom. We can't help you without any clue.

THis may be for a different thread but is there a EFI for clover for HP elitedesk 800? Has anyone tried this in hyper v?

Thanks

Desktop questions are off-topic.

Has anyone tried a USB adapter and have it work, I bought a Asus ac/n usb adapter, and it has the osx install software, the "mac" see's the adapter in the hardware, the software is there, but the utility will not start.
Just trying different things as I wait for my Azurewave AW-CE123H 802.11ac/nbg WiFi+BT PCI Express Module Broadcom BCM4352 / Bluetooth 4.0+3.0 HS Class II to arrive.

Thanks

Has anyone tried a USB adapter and have it work, I bought a Asus ac/n usb adapter, and it has the osx install software, the "mac" see's the adapter in the hardware, the software is there, but the utility will not start.
Just trying different things as I wait for my Azurewave AW-CE123H 802.11ac/nbg WiFi+BT PCI Express Module Broadcom BCM4352 / Bluetooth 4.0+3.0 HS Class II to arrive.

Thanks

Make sure you installed software specifically for Yosemite.

Also, make sure you added the interface in SysPrefs->Network.

Thank you

Lastly for the week, as I want to decide on what model I like osx best lol....
I am trying to install on a 9470m and all goes well then it comes to a screen showing a magic mouse and keyboard to power on, I cant get past this point.

Thanks

Thank you

I am trying to install on a 9470m and all goes well then it comes to a screen showing a magic mouse and keyboard to power on, I cant get past this point.

Thanks

Press spacebar or plug in a USB keyboard.

Thank you

Thanks

You didn't read the guide carefully.

I want to thank you for your hard work!
My elitebook is finally useful as a mac. The install was very easy, just follow the guide.

My wifi is not working because of intel chip. I'd like to buy a new one but I'm a bit lost between yosemite compatibility and HP whitelist (but I also read only wwan is whitelisted, but not confirmed). Can someone point me to a half mini pci that is OOB and also cheap. Wifi only.
BCM94312HMG, BCM943224HMS, AR5B95 or AR5B95 (HP PN:518436-001)?

I'm also trying to get the WWAN (HP un2430 EV-DO/HSPA Mini Card) to work, but is not easy. I'll report back if I manage to get the card to work. I see the card in usb hub, but can't make the system recognize as wwan. [HP un2430 Mobile Broadband Module (Sierra Wireless MC8355 'Gobi3000' rebranded): Product ID: 0x371d, Vendor ID: 0x03f0 (Hewlett Packard), Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless Inc.]

Back