Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

It is not there in the files you provided. It could be it is proprietary and not conforming to ACPI.
;)

however, in the next few days, when I get the wifi card and wwan ericsson, I try to format everything and see if it is the update of clover that solves the problem of black screen with the sensor turned on

;)

however, in the next few days, when I get the wifi card and wwan ericsson, I try to format everything and see if it is the update of clover that solves the problem of black screen with the sensor turned on

You already said you have the sensor turned on and there is no issue, no? So problem is not in Clover.

You already said you have the sensor turned on and there is no issue, no? So problem is not in Clover.

I think I explained evil:
- Installed osx clean
- Installed the package HP Probook Installer and restarted
- After the apple logo screen I became black
- Off the sensor in the bios
- Restarted, okay this time
- Updated clover
- On the sensor and now the screen is no longer black

I think I explained evil:
- Installed osx clean
- Installed the package HP Probook Installer and restarted
- After the apple logo screen I became black

At this point you should have:
- pressed your brightness up key to see if it fixes
- captured ioreg

- Off the sensor in the bios
- Restarted, okay this time
- Updated clover
- On the sensor and now the screen is no longer black

Seems to me it is some sort of issue with "fresh" nvram and/or potential interaction between graphics driver and proprietary als.

No way to know it is caused by the als or just an attribute of a fresh install without doing the same test with the als disabled to begin with.

I added "disabling Ambient light sensor" in #1.

Understood, but still doesnt answer the curious question of the why ones works and the other doesn't. I am not arguing the fact that intel is or should be supported, but it is a good conversation and question as to the why.View attachment 126192View attachment 126193

Pic 1 is the 8470p, fully working no issues, and pic 2 is 840 not working.

Please post ioreg

Please post ioreg

Already requested in #2626. No response yet.

My guess on 8470p with Intel WiFi (as shown in photo)... either:

- WiFi hardware is actually Broadcom or Atheros but incorrectly labeled as Intel
- WiFi is not working
- USB WiFi is being used (??)

Because... we know there are no drivers for Intel WiFi and even if there were (there aren't), they are not going to magically appear on zultar's system.

Already requested in #2626. No response yet.

My guess on 8470p with Intel WiFi (as shown in photo)... either:

- WiFi hardware is actually Broadcom or Atheros but incorrectly labeled as Intel
- WiFi is not working
- USB WiFi is being used (??)

Because... we know there are no drivers for Intel WiFi and even if there were (there aren't), they are not going to magically appear on zultar's system.

Good day all,

I think you may be right as well with the mislabel or the no label at all on the wifi. I took everything apart again and double checked and from assumption it is more then likely a broadcom. Oddly enough, I took it out and put it in the 840 and did a reinstall, and I have no wifi, so I am at a WTF stage now. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong on the reinstall for this driver but I know it did choose broadcom. Only thing I can think of is to rerun clover and do athos instead of broadcom.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best AC/N wifi compatible card and best place to get it from.

Thanks all....

Back