Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Now works, boot from HDD, audio and brigthness, thank you very much for your time. The point was the resolution, my laptop 8460p has got low-resolution (1366x768), but in the specification acording my model number I saw the 1600 resolution. Very well, now its time to install a Windows 7 SO. :headbang:

Now works, boot from HDD, audio and brigthness, thank you very much for your time. The point was the resolution, my laptop 8460p has got low-resolution (1366x768), but in the specification acording my model number I saw the 1600 resolution. Very well, now its time to install a Windows 7 SO. :headbang:

Strange, you selected the correct config.plist for USB, but wrong in PBI CE?

Strange, you selected the correct config.plist for USB, but wrong in PBI CE?

It seems. I select 1600 model to choice the config.plist but this works when I select low-resolution in the PBI. However you cant trust at 100% at this information.

It seems. I select 1600 model to choice the config.plist but this works when I select low-resolution in the PBI. However you cant trust at 100% at this information.

The resolution of your internal display can be determined in Windows (right click on desktop, choose 'Screen Resolution...'). It is a bad idea to guess about your hardware specifications.

Hi,

First thanks for all the work and help for installing OS X, I have a Probook 4540s with I3 Sandy Bridge, I followed this guide to install Yosemite on it, and everything worked perfectly, I have been using the laptop for 2 monbths and no problems, but one day I tried to switch on the laptop and appears the apple logo about 5 second, later go the apple dark about 2 second and after that go black the screen and nothing more happens.

I tried in safe mode and verbose and appears lines some seconds and later the same, go the lines dark about 2 seconds and later nothing.

I didn't made nothing before this happens, no updates or install nothing the last time that worked.

Any idea to solve this?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

First thanks for all the work and help for installing OS X, I have a Probook 4540s with I3 Sandy Bridge, I followed this guide to install Yosemite on it, and everything worked perfectly, I have been using the laptop for 2 monbths and no problems, but one day I tried to switch on the laptop and appears the apple logo about 5 second, later go the apple dark about 2 second and after that go black the screen and nothing more happens.

I tried in safe mode and verbose and appears lines some seconds and later the same, go the lines dark about 2 seconds and later nothing.

I didn't made nothing before this happens, no updates or install nothing the last time that worked.

Any idea to solve this?

Thanks a lot

Maybe pressing the brightness key up?

Or booting to recovery partition to repair disk.

THANKS!!!!

I have been trying everything and was the brightness!!! o_O Just press F3 :headbang:

Thanks a lot!!!

@RehabMan: I want to prevent ACPIBacklight from using brightness level=0 at boot, can you modify the kext?

Or should I set the minimum level in DSDT patch > 0 to prevent this?

@RehabMan: I want to prevent ACPIBacklight from using brightness level=0 at boot, can you modify the kext?

Or should I set the minimum level in DSDT patch > 0 to prevent this?

I'd like to know what causes it to save a zero level. The kext already does not save a zero level to nvram (actually any value below 5 is ignored and not saved).

If someone wants to provide a reproducible set of steps that cause this problem, I'm waiting... Should a set of steps that reproduce the problem be discovered, bugs are to be reported here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight/issues

You cannot correct it in DSDT, since a backlight level zero is valid (it is used for display sleep).

Hello. After many unresulted tries, today I remake install-usb with latest version of files and try again. But still has same problem: after using latest PBI CE I can't boot from clover on SSD (even on safe mode), but clover on usb brings me right to OS X desktop without any additional keys.
Here an automatically genered troubleshooting files by latest PBI CE.
View attachment 122654
I will check it ASAP. What is your display resolution?
Build-in LCD 1366х768 px, but it's broken (might be damaged data bus) so I use 1920x1080 px monitor via HDMI for getting picture.
Also will try RC10 PBI CE, thanks :)
Tried. Now I can boot from SSD in safe mode. What wrong with SSD based clover? Can I do something to make it normal?

Back