Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

43225 Bluetooth does not need bluetooth firmware uploader, an injector kext is enough.

43225 Bluetooth does not need bluetooth firmware uploader, an injector kext is enough.

Then perhaps the problem is that a BTFirmwareUploader was installed, when not needed...

I can only point people at the resources that are available. The link I posted has clear instructions for determining whether the BT hardware is compatible or not.

Dear Rehabman,

First of all I just want to thank you for your efforts in providing patches for the HP notebooks, I couldn't do my work on my 4530s if it was not for your patches and hacks. I develop iOS apps and I couldn't afford a genuine mac so I resorted to this.

After I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.1, I couldn't access the app store to download Xcode. I have read other posts and the problem presented there is that my ethernet card is not set on eth0. I have tried your suggestion to remove interfaces, delete network*.plist with no avail. After that I just get my wifi on eth0 and ethernet on eth1.

Have tried to generate a fake eth device using EFI studio, copy the hex string and paste it in the Clover configurator in order to inject it on boot.But just can't add the device in the configurator. Getting empty string.

Also, my camera is behaving really strange since the upgrade, it's turning off and on every second, disappearing and then appearing in that sequence on FaceTime and Skype listing as well.

I'm using custom patched DSDT that I created for mavericks.

HP HD Webcam [Fixed]:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_7119 ProductID_10376
Unique ID: 0x1d1400001bcf2888

Dear Rehabman,

First of all I just want to thank you for your efforts in providing patches for the HP notebooks, I couldn't do my work on my 4530s if it was not for your patches and hacks. I develop iOS apps and I couldn't afford a genuine mac so I resorted to this.

After I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.1, I couldn't access the app store to download Xcode. I have read other posts and the problem presented there is that my ethernet card is not set on eth0. I have tried your suggestion to remove interfaces, delete network*.plist with no avail. After that I just get my wifi on eth0 and ethernet on eth1.

Have tried to generate a fake eth device using EFI studio, copy the hex string and paste it in the Clover configurator in order to inject it on boot.But just can't add the device in the configurator. Getting empty string.

Also, my camera is behaving really strange since the upgrade, it's turning off and on every second, disappearing and then appearing in that sequence on FaceTime and Skype listing as well.

HP HD Webcam [Fixed]:

Must be done in this exact order...

Go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with Ethernet.

As for your camera, sounds like you forgot to install a bluetooth firmware uploader.

Dear Rehabman,

HP HD Webcam [Fixed]:

Strange, it's the step 16 in the guide, why did you have to follow other posts?

And did you remove all the network in system preferences before restarting?

Strange, it's the step 16 in the guide, why did you have to follow other posts?

And did you remove all the network in system preferences before restarting?

Step 16 is lacking important details regarding applying changes and order dependencies.

Back