Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hey everyone, I did it finaly! :D
But, now I have to ask maybe noob question(because I am the one in all this)... Can I install Windows 7 from DVD, do I really need that bootable UEFI USB key?

Hi guys!

I've installed Yosemite on 8460p and there was only 2 problems: dark webcam and wake reboots. The first problem was solved with iGlasses -- everything works fine now, the second one -- I've tried EC reset, reinstalled PBI, fixed rights and permission with kext wizard, even tried to change hibernation mode (as I described once for 4530s) and finally the problem vanished.

Today I've removed battery to get windows key from sticker below, installed the battery back and now I have restart problem again :( I can't understand how could it be related? And again I'm trying to fix this and again nothing works still.

The system: 8460p, core i5 2520m, 8gb RAM, no amd card. Bios F.50

Thanks

Hey everyone, I did it finaly! :D
But, now I have to ask maybe noob question(because I am the one in all this)... Can I install Windows 7 from DVD, do I really need that bootable UEFI USB key?

The Win7 DVD does not have the necessary files for UEFI boot (or at least they are not arranged correctly). Create a USB from your DVD. And make sure the UEFI files are arranged correctly (google Win7 UEFI).

Hi guys!

I've installed Yosemite on 8460p and there was only 2 problems: dark webcam and wake reboots. The first problem was solved with iGlasses -- everything works fine now, the second one -- I've tried EC reset, reinstalled PBI, fixed rights and permission with kext wizard, even tried to change hibernation mode (as I described once for 4530s) and finally the problem vanished.

Today I've removed battery to get windows key from sticker below, installed the battery back and now I have restart problem again :( I can't understand how could it be related? And again I'm trying to fix this and again nothing works still.

The system: 8460p, core i5 2520m, 8gb RAM, no amd card. Bios F.50

Thanks

Do you have bluetooth?

The Win7 DVD does not have the necessary files for UEFI boot (or at least they are not arranged correctly). Create a USB from your DVD. And make sure the UEFI files are arranged correctly (google Win7 UEFI).

ok thanks for that
And another question is can it be fixed somehow under os x after installing windows to one of the partition with DVD?

EDIT: I don't have another usb for that right now.

ok thanks for that
And another question is can it be fixed somehow under os x after installing windows to one of the partition with DVD?

You can install Windows in legacy mode from DVD and setup Clover to boot it. But it kind of defeats part of the purpose of UEFI.

I guess I should find another USB then :)

Thanks for your help RehabMan

can u please help me,
i like osx and i have installed successfully with this tuto.
my pb is about enabling SCTP kernel support .

Back