Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Touché, but about the DSDT thing, I shouldn't have to repatch it, right? Probably won't help anything?

You should re-patch DSDT after:
- BIOS updates
- any hardware changes
- major BIOS settings changes

You should re-patch DSDT after:
- BIOS updates
- any hardware changes
- major BIOS settings changes

Gotchu. Oh and for some reason on OS X, my HDMI out seems to be really dark. TV settings are on standard but the picture seems really dark and with way too much contrast, super noticeable when comparing it to the laptop screen, not sure if its just me or what.

Gotchu. Oh and for some reason on OS X, my HDMI out seems to be really dark. TV settings are on standard but the picture seems really dark and with way too much contrast, super noticeable when comparing it to the laptop screen, not sure if its just me or what.

Make a color profile for your monitor. It could also be the difference between color space TV vs. computer monitor. There may be a setting (or sometimes special HDMI port) for PC use. A/V standards for color are different than PCs.

Make a color profile for your monitor. It could also be the difference between color space TV vs. computer monitor. There may be a setting (or sometimes special HDMI port) for PC use. A/V standards for color are different than PCs.

You and Nguiyenmac have been awesome, thanks. Color profile worked well, for some reason it wasn't working before, I must've been changing it on only the laptop screen, but everything seems fine now. Thanks again.

EDIT; actually before I go, just one last thing, is there a dual band N wireless adapter that's compatible with Yosemite? I've found some on Amazon that say they work with Mac but a couple of reviews say Yosemite broke it, so I figured you guys might know about one, that isn't too expensive (hoping for less than $40)

You and Nguiyenmac have been awesome, thanks. Color profile worked well, for some reason it wasn't working before, I must've been changing it on only the laptop screen, but everything seems fine now. Thanks again.

EDIT; actually before I go, just one last thing, is there a dual band N wireless adapter that's compatible with Yosemite? I've found some on Amazon that say they work with Mac but a couple of reviews say Yosemite broke it, so I figured you guys might know about one, that isn't too expensive (hoping for less than $40)

Strange, it's in #1, isn't it?

AFAIK the one you recommended on the first page that is compatible with my 4530s isn't dual band.

Because that is the only card that your BIOS allowed.

If you really need dual band, follow Rehabman's suggestion.

What screen resolution?

Working build: HP ProBook 4540s, i5-3230M, Intel HD 4000

I current have a 1366x768 display. I would like to upgrade to 1920x1080 if that's possible.

Another issue I've run into is the SD slot. An inserted card does not mount, and when I look at it using Disk Utility, the drive name is wrong, and the partition name is disk1s1, also wrong. Is there something I can do to get the SD slot working correctly?

Thanks so much for your help.

Back