Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Is there a better way to gauge/judge speedstep? I ask because without AICPM, when i run geek bench I can see the multipliers in HWmonitor moving up and down, so as to assume speedstep was properly working. further more in geek bench 32bit free I get 5000+ scores. I used that as well to assume speedster was working.

You will even get higher score with those 2 kexts.

Subscribe to insanelymac thread until the problem is solved.

100% working cannot be defined when you don't have CPU power management working. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext has nothing to do with graphics.

I know AICPUPM has nothing to do with graphics, but it really happens with Clover. My friends and I encountered many laptops with discrete graphics card (Intel HD is disabled), and boot stuck at black screen if I use smbios 8,1 + patch ASUS AICPUPM + Clover SSDT Generate/Piker's SSDT.aml.

I patched DSDT with all the patches in PBI CE, it still happens.

If I switch to Chameleon, the problem does not happen.

I know AICPUPM has nothing to do with graphics, but it really happens with Clover. My friends and I encountered many laptops with discrete graphics card (Intel HD is disabled), and boot stuck at black screen if I use smbios 8,1 + patch ASUS AICPUPM + Clover SSDT Generate/Piker's SSDT.aml.

Use dart=0.

Is there a better way to gauge/judge speedstep? I ask because without AICPM, when i run geek bench I can see the multipliers in HWmonitor moving up and down, so as to assume speedstep was properly working. further more in geek bench 32bit free I get 5000+ scores. I used that as well to assume speedster was working.

To monitor pstates, use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.

Could be smbios issue.

I had a ASUS Sandybridge + nVidia, it works with SMBIOS 6,1 but not SMBIOS 8,2-8,3 (black screen on booot).

On Chameleon, SMBIOS 8,x is ok.

Yosemite just installed and running smoothly.
Thanks to all the people in the forum for their work.

Regards.

sorry for late post, here is my EFI folder

Please test following config.plist files and report.

Also, set Generate PStates/CStates = false in your config.plist.

Attachments

• config.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 91
Hi, I'm trying to install Yosemite on HP elitebook 9470m.
I've created the usb and booted from EFI Clover.
I skipped the mouse and keyboard windows and I get in to installation windows.
I formatted the HD in GPT Osx Journaled but when I start the installation process:

Impossible to instal OSX on computer
Undefined error: 0
restart your computer

So what's the problem?
Thanks in advance

Back